i think i broke it >.>

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Neo_Jesus
Above Average
Above Average

i think i broke it >.>

Post by Neo_Jesus »

ok so i installed 1.71 just tonight....and had some very strange things happen.
first i launched and in the distance i saw a small black orb....me being the curious person i am flew closer only to find it was a black orb with letters and numbers on it and it mass locked me....but only after i ran into it with j key on >.>..<.< oops....
second, i loaded up and launched after the pervious event and then found there to be no planet...however when flying closer my meter went up as if there was....so i kept going..crashed...and figued i would post any idea whats going on??
Neo_Jesus
Above Average
Above Average

Post by Neo_Jesus »

ok... in addition to the above...i found the problem with the planet vanishing... F12 to maximize does it..but the other i still have no answer to
davcefai
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by davcefai »

My first thought is Graphics Card Driver. Have you checked for the latest version?
Neo_Jesus
Above Average
Above Average

Post by Neo_Jesus »

well i just got my comp not but a few months ago so the card is brand new i would figure it would come with the current driver....so i wouldnt figure that would be it...i could be wrong
Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lestradae »

Hi & welcome on the forums! :)

(Could someone move this thread to the "Testing & Bugs forum"?)

Hint: There is a forum for this, the abovementioned.

In your Oolite folder there should be a sub-folder termed oolite.app and in this should be a file termed stderr.txt! Go there and open it. (This is an error report) If you could post the contents file here into this thread some of the people in the know might have more information on what afflicted you.

Cheers 8)

L
Frame
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Frame »

I can second that, the planet
Vanishes... when you press f12..

Intel P4 2.8 ghz
HD 2600 XT from HIS
1.5 GB DDR333 RAM
512 mb Vidio RAM...

With latest GFX Driver From HIS installed, as the ones released by ATI will not work...
Bounty Scanner
Number 935
Neo_Jesus
Above Average
Above Average

Post by Neo_Jesus »

f12 being the fullscreen/windowed mode buttion. that is indeed the problem i tested more. whenever i switch it gives me problems but that isent a big deal at all. if i am not mistaken the readme said something about switching mode kinda glitchy dunno...