Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

OXP HUD images mostly done

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

bulrush
Competent
Competent

OXP HUD images mostly done

Post by bulrush »

They are here:
http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/HUD_images_here

Although I am missing an image for Milspec hud. Anyone have an image for that?
Last edited by bulrush on Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
System: Gateway GT5056, AMD dual CPU, Nvidia Geforce 8600 (unknown subtype), Win XP, 1GB RAM, color LCD monitor
Commander Mysenses
Deadly
Deadly
Location: Devon, a backward little planet scourged by evil weather

Post by Commander Mysenses »

Been flyin' with the Klepto HUD for the last few days... still feeling the love for it. I like the combined target reticule and system indicators. And the combined ASC and roll/pitch indicator is a nice touch.

I am tempted to rebuild it with a bigger radar screen... mebbe taking up the bottom 1/3 of the screen, and making the other instrument a bit more discrete. Might take me a while to pick the HUD plist apart to see what it all does! (good job I'm on night shift for the next coupla days)
bulrush
Competent
Competent

Post by bulrush »

Could someone move this to the "Expansion pack" forum?
System: Gateway GT5056, AMD dual CPU, Nvidia Geforce 8600 (unknown subtype), Win XP, 1GB RAM, color LCD monitor
Wolfwood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wolfwood »

The image you used for the Wolfwood's HUD is out-of-date. I'd suggest using one of the images in this thread as the correct image. Noting, of course, that the HUDs in my package are all personalised for the ships in question (different colours and ship images).[/quote]
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Wolfwood wrote:
The image you used for the Wolfwood's HUD is out-of-date. I'd suggest using one of the images in this thread as the correct image. Noting, of course, that the HUDs in my package are all personalised for the ships in question (different colours and ship images).
Noting as well that the pictures in the linked thread all use a wrong HUD! Because I am actually flying an Imperial Courier, not a Cobra 3 (note the number of energy bars!). But I have no sufficient graphics software to replace the Cobbie-thumbnail and the "Cobra Mark III". :oops:

Could you perhaps do something for me???
bulrush
Competent
Competent

Post by bulrush »

Wolfwood pic updated on Wiki.

I'm still missing images for Milspec HUD and NG HUD. Please post images in this thread.
Wolfwood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wolfwood »

Commander McLane wrote:
Noting as well that the pictures in the linked thread all use a wrong HUD! Because I am actually flying an Imperial Courier, not a Cobra 3 (note the number of energy bars!). But I have no sufficient graphics software to replace the Cobbie-thumbnail and the "Cobra Mark III". :oops:

I'll try to get around to it over the weekend - if nothing happens, feel free to PM me for a reminder!
TGHC
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by TGHC »

The Milspec Hud is here

The Grey Haired Commander has spoken!
OK so I'm a PC user - "you know whats scary? Out of billions of sperm I was the fastest"
Wolfwood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wolfwood »

Commander McLane wrote:
Sorry for this small hijack of the thread. :?

Anyway, a bit late, but I had time to fiddle with something (I hope this is the version of imp courier that you are using...):

Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Thanks very much!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

EDIT: Oops, turns out I rejoiced a little too early. There is one small problem and one weird behaviour.

The small problem: The "Imperial Courier"-string interferes with the advanced compass. The "Cobra Mark III" was a little more to the right, and probably one or two pixels more down, in order not to interfere with the aegis "S":

And the weird behaviour: If I restart the game without flushing the cache, it suddenly looks like this, which I never had before with the Cobra III hud:
Wolfwood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wolfwood »

Sorry, I should have tested it properly myself before uploading it. Anyway, the image in my above message should now be the new one (clear your browser cache just in case).

As for the bug that you describe - that happens with any HUD that uses a .png or other image if you resize the window in which you play, or _perhaps_ if you restart without flushing etc.

Darn, having looked around at the new style of graphics that people use on Oolite makes me want to design a new, more modern HUD style as well...
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Thanks again!
psuamier
Above Average
Above Average

Re: OXP HUD images mostly done

Post by psuamier »

This is an old hud, not much description available. It has some problems with messages but still seems quite useable to me. Maybe it's a predecessor of other Huds. It's called the NG HUD.

Regards
CMDR: suamor - Space Trader and Explorer - Founding member of the Elite
Elite Dangerous Beta Tester
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

Why are you resurrecting a thread that's 5 years old?
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

JazHaz wrote:
Why are you resurrecting a thread that's 5 years old?
To let me relive my youth? :P :wink:

By the way: I'm still using the HUD pictured above. I've never looked seriously at anything else.