Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Symbols in short range map?

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

bulrush
Competent
Competent

Symbols in short range map?

Post by bulrush »

I have: Oolite 1.65 for Windows/PC.

I've seen a screenshot where in the short range map there were 3 symbols per planet. Is this a feature in the 1.65 PC version? If so, how do I activate it?
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

Hold down the I key. The symbols stand for Govenment and Economy with a number for Tech Level.
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
Commander Mysenses
Deadly
Deadly
Location: Devon, a backward little planet scourged by evil weather

Re: Symbols in short range map?

Post by Commander Mysenses »

bulrush wrote:
I have: Oolite 1.65 for Windows/PC.

I've seen a screenshot where in the short range map there were 3 symbols per planet. Is this a feature in the 1.65 PC version? If so, how do I activate it?
Press i
bulrush
Competent
Competent

Post by bulrush »

Thank you. Is this documented in the WIKI page where they list all the keys?

EDIT: This does not appear to be documented in http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/Oolite ... d_Controls . 'i' currently says "inject fuel". So do I use capital "I" when I'm in the short range (F6) map?
Captain Hesperus
Grand High Clock-Tower Poobah
Grand High Clock-Tower Poobah

Post by Captain Hesperus »

bulrush wrote:

EDIT: This does not appear to be documented in http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/Oolite ... d_Controls . 'i' currently says "inject fuel". So do I use capital "I" when I'm in the short range (F6) map?
It can be found here.

Captain Hesperus
The truth, revealed!!
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Captain Hesperus wrote:
bulrush wrote:

It can be found here.
And in the ReadMe-file that comes conveniently and completely free with your Oolite 1.65.

Please read the ReadMe, before you start the program. It is there for a purpose. And it is named ReadMe, so that you read it!
Cmdr. Maegil
Sword-toting nut-job
Sword-toting nut-job

Post by Cmdr. Maegil »

Translating: although this may be The Friendliest Board This Side Of Riedquat, and we gladly answer noob questions, there are limits, and you're starting to get on some sentients' nerves...

I don't know what you're trying to do, if you're thinking of taking all these answers you got and wikify them or if it's just post whoring to increase the count, but it is getting a bit tiresome.

No hard feelings, eh? :roll:
You know those who, having been mugged and stabbed, fired, dog run over, house burned down, wife eloped with best friend, daughters becoming prostitutes and their countries invaded - still say that "all is well"?
I'm obviously not one of them.