Asteroid trying to dock ?!?

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Ace Garp
Dangerous
Dangerous

Asteroid trying to dock ?!?

Post by Ace Garp »

Occasionally I see what looks like a small asteroid sat in the docking bay of a station.

I can shoot and destroy it, but when I do so I get a message from the police stating that they have improved my legal status (paraphrasing), and have been awarded 10 credits.

I can then dock as normal, but I never get the 10 credits.

This appears slightly similar to the 'Navy Officer bug' I've reported before, and so it may be related.

https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?t=4448
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

Occasionally I see what looks like a small asteroid sat in the docking bay of a station.
I also saw an asteroid launching the other day. Try to target him and make an entity dump of it. I think the system is picking the wrong ship and it has now a role assigned that is not asteroid.
Commander Mysenses
Deadly
Deadly
Location: Devon, a backward little planet scourged by evil weather

Post by Commander Mysenses »

Yeah, had that today too.
An asteroid was projecting out of the side of the approach tunnel of a Salvage Gang. I thought I could squeeze past... but no... Kaboom... press space commander!
I guess the asteroid and the salvage gang just spawned in the same place and weren't getting excited about collision detection (until I came along).
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

Ace Garp wrote:

I can shoot and destroy it, but when I do so I get a message from the police stating that they have improved my legal status (paraphrasing), and have been awarded 10 credits.
This could probably be related to a bug with 1.70 (which was fixed some time ago), whereby scripted boulders and cargopods were generated with crews, thus getting a legal status like any other ship. For 1.71, newly created entities get crews only if their scan class is not CLASS_ROCK or CLASS_CARGO.
Commander Mysenses
Deadly
Deadly
Location: Devon, a backward little planet scourged by evil weather

Post by Commander Mysenses »

I got my asteroid/salvage gang intersection under v.1.71 (build1544)

Though that might be different to the original reported problem... mine wasn't launching/docking, it was just sat there, intersecting the walls of the approach tunnel. Sorry, shoulda screengrabbed it.
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

Commander Mysenses wrote:
I got my asteroid/salvage gang intersection under v.1.71 (build1544)

Though that might be different to the original reported problem... mine wasn't launching/docking, it was just sat there, intersecting the walls of the approach tunnel. Sorry, shoulda screengrabbed it.
I also believe that this is a different problem to the original one. Yours looks more like a spawn / collision detection issue, while the original was an entity setup one.