a little help with trident down WARNING: SPOILERS

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

FSOneblin
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by FSOneblin »

Ramirez wrote:
Ah, no wonder why you weren't sure what you were meant to be doing! I've got v1.70 up and running on my spiffy new mac now so I'll spend some time checking all the bits and pieces. I have a v0.6 of the mission almost ready to go that should fix some of these issues (the AI wasn't working as well as I planned) and also add some improved elements to the particular thread you're on. Hopefully it won't be long. Thanks for playing!
Ok, thanks man. I'm glad to be playing, this game is great and so is this great oxp. Thanks for the help.
Don't panic

Now an "adult!"
Ramirez
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Ramirez »

OK, I've gone through this and I think I've solved the problems - I've uploaded v0.6 to the address in my signature. One of the script actions I was using isn't supported in 1.70 so I've altered that, and I've tested the AI as much as I can to make sure it's doing the right thing.

To save you having to retread your steps, here's the the mission text that you missed out on (spoilers, obviously):
You meet Commodore Delaney on the bridge of the ISS Imperator

'Great work, Commander. We now have everything in position - on Raceedat our agents have deployed the weapons we've shipped over. They'll be responsible for dealing with the local police, while our units will engage the system's military forces. Our primary target is the system's Coriolis Station - without it, their military fleet won't be able to operate, while we'll be able to use the Transit Station as a base. The assault on the station will be led by Bellatrix bombers armed with stand-off cascade missiles. The missiles have a range of over 25km, but the bombers will still need to be defended from fighters while they make their approach.'

'So what should I do?'

'You seem to be able to handle yourself in a fight. I'd suggest you join the squadron of Saiph Interceptors and help them protect the bombers. Once we've achieved our objective, make your way to the Transit Station - this will act as our base of operations once the Coriolis Station is disabled. The fleet is now being prepared for hyperspace. We'll see you in Raceedat.'
The bombers need a clear run to make their attack, so try to distract the defending police units as much as you can. Good luck!
Download Resistance Commander plus many other exciting OXPs HERE
FSOneblin
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by FSOneblin »

Ok, just got back to the planet, I still think something might be broken, We had a Crash into the planet. mabey It might be someining to do with 1.70. I will try this on, mabey 1.68.

Panic, authorities of Raceedat: fsoneblin

EDIT: For 1.68, I got the message that it would Launch the missle, but It did not launch it.

EDIT 2: It thinks every station is recade station.
Don't panic

Now an "adult!"
Ramirez
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Finally - Trident Down v1.0

Post by Ramirez »

--Edited to removed redundant and slightly spoilerific post--

I'm pleased to announce that I've finally brought Trident Down up date with Oolite v1.71.2. I've implemented some general fixes and improved the overall reliability, as well as adding in the fix that should prevent clashes with other Galaxy 4 missions.

Note that Trident Down v1.0 will not work with earlier versions of Oolite. If you're part way through the mission on v0.6 you can carry on without having to do any changes to your savegame.

You can download the updated OXP from the link below; also check out the wiki page.
Download Resistance Commander plus many other exciting OXPs HERE