Game crashes when leaving space station

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

MJallday2
Harmless
Harmless

Game crashes when leaving space station

Post by MJallday2 »

hi there, ive just downloaded version 1.65... it all installs fine, the first screen comes up ok, i go to leave the space station and all i get is a black screen... can anyone help?

thanks.. mj
Lord Winslow
Above Average
Above Average

yes

Post by Lord Winslow »

I have a similar problem. i have the same version, but the game quits unexpectedly at different time.
For the Glory of the Federation
-Lord Winslow
Kaks
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by Kaks »

Sorry, somehow didn't see the first post.

It's a bit difficult to tell what the problem is. Ideally, if you could show us the log file oolite created it would really help us help you. The log itself is in different places, depending on which type of computer you have.
For example, on a windows based computer the log file is called stderr.txt and found inside C:\Program Files\Oolite\oolite.app.
That is if you installed Oolite to the default directory.

Without knowing what system you have - or being able to see what the log says - the best advice I can give you is to try version 1.70. It's labelled as a test version but, in my experience, it's been very stable. There's a number of topics on this very board about installing 2 or more versions of Oolite on the same computer, and all save games files are compatible with each version of oolite. Lord Winslow, you won't have to lose any progress you've made with your commander, if you switch over to 1.70.

Hope this helps,

Kaks.
Hey, free OXPs: farsun v1.05 & tty v0.5! :0)
Lord Winslow
Above Average
Above Average

yah

Post by Lord Winslow »

where can i get 1.70?
For the Glory of the Federation
-Lord Winslow
Kaks
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by Kaks »

There's a few announcements about v1.70. One each on top of the oolite-mac, oolite-pc, and oolite-linux forums. There should be full instructions inside! :)
Hey, free OXPs: farsun v1.05 & tty v0.5! :0)