Trumble Trouble

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Cmdr. Maegil
Sword-toting nut-job
Sword-toting nut-job

Post by Cmdr. Maegil »

Did you fail to see my previous post's second link? Or was it this new generation's rampant fecklessness in action that restrained your reading abilities?

So then, child, pay attention when addressed by your elders , and maybe - maybe what you learn may help you survive the great blackness yonder.

There!
You know those who, having been mugged and stabbed, fired, dog run over, house burned down, wife eloped with best friend, daughters becoming prostitutes and their countries invaded - still say that "all is well"?
I'm obviously not one of them.
RustiSwordz
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by RustiSwordz »

Cmdr. Maegil wrote:
Did you fail to see my previous post's second link? Or was it this new generation's rampant fecklessness in action that restrained your reading abilities?

So then, child, pay attention when addressed by your elders , and maybe - maybe what you learn may help you survive the great blackness yonder.

There!
I did good sir, and amid all the rantings i saw totally nothing to help me with my mission, so i shall say it very clearly and to the point and hopefully i shall get a straight no frills answer.

Is there a mission where you can sell the trumbles or get them removed other than flying screaming into a sun...
Cmdr. Maegil
Sword-toting nut-job
Sword-toting nut-job

Post by Cmdr. Maegil »

Cmdr. Maegil wrote:
RustiSwordz wrote:
I did good sir, and amid all the rantings i saw totally nothing to help me with my mission, so i shall say it very clearly and to the point and hopefully i shall get a straight no frills answer.
You saw totally nothing to help?!? Hadn't you replied in writing, I'd think you as being analphabet, since...
...in the thread linked above, Cmdr. Maegil clearly wrote:
Very well, young fool, I'll give you a pearl of my wisdom. Don't get so close to the star. What you need is to deep roast them by remaining a long time on flashing red. A looong time...
If this isn't straightforward enough, that teevee thingy must be to blame; it's a insidious counterculture-spawned impairment inducer that's probably already burnt your eyes and shrivelled the brain, that's what it does!
RustiSwordz wrote:
Is there a mission where you can sell the trumbles or get them removed other than flying screaming into a sun...
Nope! :mrgreen:
You know those who, having been mugged and stabbed, fired, dog run over, house burned down, wife eloped with best friend, daughters becoming prostitutes and their countries invaded - still say that "all is well"?
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

@ RustiSwordz: Of course you could try to escape from your trumble-infested ship via your escape capsule. :?

On the other hand, there is no guarantee the the escape capsule isn't infested, too. :twisted:

And as for the method Cmdr Maegil has now in his overwhelming patience towards legasthenics pointed out to you painfully obvious: Have you ever considered outfitting your ship with a heat shield?
Cmdr. Maegil
Sword-toting nut-job
Sword-toting nut-job

Post by Cmdr. Maegil »

Commander McLane wrote:
legasthenics
Uh, what's that, weak legs? Calisthenics for the lower limbs?

Did you meant 'logasthenia' (logos+asthenia), are starting to show signs of it youself, or both?... :lol:
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Cmdr. Maegil wrote:
Commander McLane wrote:
legasthenics
Uh, what's that, weak legs? Calisthenics for the lower limbs?

Did you meant 'logasthenia' (logos+asthenia), are starting to show signs of it youself, or both?... :lol:
Probably the latter?!?

Actually I was aiming for legein+asthenia, but apparently in English you would call that dyslexia. "Legasthenie" is the German technical term for it, and obviously, as far as English is concerned, a false friend of mine. 8)

On the other hand, I might as well be showing signs of whatever-you-want. Who was that guy in the mirror, anyway? :roll:
Cmdr. Maegil
Sword-toting nut-job
Sword-toting nut-job

Post by Cmdr. Maegil »

A false friend, yes... They are similar, but not quite the same thing: while on logasthenia there is an ability loss, in dyslexia you are born with it - which means I can't accuse modern society of creating dyslexics, only logasthenics and aphasics! :twisted:
RustiSwordz
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by RustiSwordz »

Commander McLane wrote:
@ RustiSwordz: Of course you could try to escape from your trumble-infested ship via your escape capsule. :?

On the other hand, there is no guarantee the the escape capsule isn't infested, too. :twisted:

And as for the method Cmdr Maegil has now in his overwhelming patience towards legasthenics pointed out to you painfully obvious: Have you ever considered outfitting your ship with a heat shield?
I did have a heat shield but it didnt work much, i fuelled my ship, the trumbles went shrivelled i went boom about 2 seconds after...

I'm looking to buy a new ship anyway...
Cmdr. Maegil
Sword-toting nut-job
Sword-toting nut-job

Post by Cmdr. Maegil »

I said, DO NOT GO TOO NEAR THE SUN!!!

Approach only enough to slowly raise the temperature, wait for it to start flashing, then climb a bit to a point where the temp stops increasing and stay there for as long as you have to, as if in a dry sauna.

And if you still can't get it right, just PM me the bleedin' save game and I'll do it for you already , for gilssakes!
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

The trick is to find the sweet spot where temperature is rising SLOWLY. You need to cook the little beasts for a certain length of time to kill them. Set your course for the sun and stop every so often. Check you temp guage. Is it slowing going up? If so stop and wait. It will gradually edge up until it reaches the right temp. At this point your trumbles will start to feel uncomfortable (listen out for the little critters making distressed sounds!). Give it 30 seconds or so and they'll start keeling over. The trick is being far enough away so that you can keep them at the cooking temperature for long enough to kill them without the temp going so high it blows you up. Right on top of the star the temp will reach killing temperature, but it will be going up so fast that you'll only get a few seconds before it gets so high it melts your ship. Slow cooking is whats required. :wink: You need a slow RATE of increase otherwise you kill yourself. A good distance from the star is therefore best.
Last edited by LittleBear on Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
Captain Hesperus
Grand High Clock-Tower Poobah
Grand High Clock-Tower Poobah

Post by Captain Hesperus »

Cmdr. Maegil wrote:
And if you still can't get it right, just PM me the bleedin' save game and I'll do it for you already , for gilssakes!
A word of warning however.
If you do this option you will find your save-game will come back to you as a rusty adder equipped with a pulse laser, no credits, docked at one of the worst Anarchies in the Galaxy with a Fugitive rating....:twisted:

Captain Hesperus
The truth, revealed!!
Cmdr. Maegil
Sword-toting nut-job
Sword-toting nut-job

Post by Cmdr. Maegil »

...but it'll be trumble-free - which was what he wanted! :P
RustiSwordz
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by RustiSwordz »

Hooraah done it, i'm trumble free :) Tx for the advice.

The idea of a trumble mission sounds like fun though for a future oxp or something.
Disembodied
Jedi Spam Assassin
Jedi Spam Assassin

Post by Disembodied »

Well, there's this that's been lying around for a while now, neglected, like a hairball coughed up behind a sofa...
Cmdr. Maegil
Sword-toting nut-job
Sword-toting nut-job

Post by Cmdr. Maegil »

RustiSwordz wrote:
Hooraah done it, i'm trumble free :) Tx for the advice.
Finally! It wasn't that hard, was it?

As for trumble OXPs, there was some talk of giving each cargo container a small chance of being infected... :twisted: