Wierd things happening

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Killer Instinct
Dangerous
Dangerous

Wierd things happening

Post by Killer Instinct »

Wierd event 1. On mashing a Bandersnatch a nearby police ship thanked me for assistance and cleaned my offender status!
Wierd event 2. I got attacked by a renegade viper. I'm not even running this oxp :!:
It's a fine line between clever and stupid
Ark
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Wierd things happening

Post by Ark »

Killer Instinct wrote:
Wierd event 1. On mashing a Bandersnatch a nearby police ship thanked me for assistance and cleaned my offender status!
Wierd event 2. I got attacked by a renegade viper. I'm not even running this oxp :!:
I think that when you kill pirates in front of police your legal status is somehow fixed.
You may not have the renegade viper oxp but you have the anarchies oxp.... yes :wink: so it is very logical (since anarchies oxp contains also the renagate viper)
Killer Instinct
Dangerous
Dangerous

I'm not running renegade viper or renegades!
Ark
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Ark »

Killer Instinct wrote:
I'm not running renegade viper or renegades!
I agree
but you are running anarchies oxp
Killer Instinct
Dangerous
Dangerous

:oops: I am running anarchies. I didn't know this chappie turned up twice. So this raises a further question. Do I need to run the renegade Viper OXP? Maybey this was one of the needles in the haystack causing me slow running problems and frequent crashes. I'm slowly making my way through the OXP pile to see which one(s) cause the slow game play/crashing.
Ark
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Ark »

Killer Instinct wrote:
:oops: I am running anarchies. I didn't know this chappie turned up twice. So this raises a further question. Do I need to run the renegade Viper OXP? Maybey this was one of the needles in the haystack causing me slow running problems and frequent crashes. I'm slowly making my way through the OXP pile to see which one(s) cause the slow game play/crashing.
Mosty the mission opxs. Generaly the oxps with o huge script.plist and planetinfo.plist.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Killer Instinct wrote:
:oops: I am running anarchies. I didn't know this chappie turned up twice. So this raises a further question. Do I need to run the renegade Viper OXP?
No, you don't. Anarchies is completely independent of any other OXP. I have incorporated a couple of ships from other OXPs (see the ReadMe), but I did so by cloning them within Anarchies.

So you will see Renegade Vipers, Salvager Tugships and Phoenixes, whether or not you have the respective OXPs installed. Also, if the authors of these OXPs should decide to alter their ships, the ones created by Anarchies will not be affected in any way.

I hate the - by nature - unforeseeable ways in which OXP dependencies can cause strange behaviour, so I opted for not having dependencies.