Cargo crate scooped

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Ark
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Cargo crate scooped

Post by Ark »

Does anybody Knows why sometimes when I scoop a cargo crate I am receiving the message “cargo crate scooped” instead of 1 tons of something (Luxuries, Food etc). It seems to be random. Is this a feature or a bug?
Hoopy
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Hoopy »

do you have the cargo wrecks teaser OXP installed?
Ark
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Ark »

Hoopy wrote:
do you have the cargo wrecks teaser OXP installed?
Yes i have (Is there anybody out there who does not have it :shock: It is one of my favorites)
Hoopy
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Hoopy »

i think it's one of the things it does as well as make the cargo pods look more interesting and changing the descriptions.
Ark
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Ark »

This is strange. :?
I have the same issue when I scoop splinters from asteroids. Sometimes I am receiving the message “splinter scooped” instead of 1 tons of alloys or minerals (I also have the ore processor oxp) I will play the game without cargo wrecks oxp to see if this is responsible for this but i do not think so. The descriptions that you mentioned is that it changes the "cargo canister" to "secure cargo canister" etc but i think that this is irrelevant with the message that you receive when you scooped something

Thanks Hoopy :)
By the way congratulation for your promotion
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

Ark wrote:
This is strange. :?
I have the same issue when I scoop splinters from asteroids. Sometimes I am receiving the message “splinter scooped” instead of 1 tons of alloys or minerals (I also have the ore processor oxp) I will play the game without cargo wrecks oxp to see if this is responsible for this but i do not think so. The descriptions that you mentioned is that it changes the "cargo canister" to "secure cargo canister" etc but i think that this is irrelevant with the message that you receive when you scooped something
cargo wrecks oxp and ore processor oxp are responsible for this. Or better: Scripted cargo is responsible for that. And those OXP's use scripted cargo to do special things.
Ark
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Ark »

Eric Walch wrote:
cargo wrecks oxp and ore processor oxp are responsible for this. Or better: Scripted cargo is responsible for that. And those OXP's use scripted cargo to do special things.
Thanks Eric
Your answer was quit enlightening (as always)
Do you believe that there can be a countermeasure for this side effect of scripted cargo?
Arexack_Heretic
Dangerous Subversive Element
Dangerous Subversive Element
Location: [%H] = Earth surface, Lattitude 52°10'58.19"N, longtitude 4°30'0.25"E.

Post by Arexack_Heretic »

yeah. the mentioned OXPs use scripted cargo.

this type of cargo-object does not generate the hardcoded "1 tonne CARGOTYPE scooped" message, but rather they generate "object-name scooped".
hence I added some scripting to send custom message to the player when scooping it informing the commander of the type of cargo inside the cannister.
The latest version of cargo-wrex has lots of extra descriptions to use in these custom messages.

You probably scooped an empty pod...there are a few. (near the bottom of the shipdata.plist)
Riding the Rocket!
Eric Walch

Post by Eric Walch »

Do you believe that there can be a countermeasure for this side effect of scripted cargo?
NOP. I have been trying to but with no result. But the scripted Item can generate a message himself. I now do it and also A_H in this current cargo_wreck.
Ark
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Ark »

Eric Walch wrote:
But the scripted Item can generate a message himself. I now do it and also A_H in this current cargo_wreck.
Interesting.
But in this way how many messages i am going to have 2 or 1
For excamble when i scoop a cargo canister with script actions am i going to see 1. cargo canister scooped and 2. 1 tons of something or only the last one.
There seem to be a lot of oxps with scripted cargo (oo-haul, Aegidian special etc) Is there an excamble in the wiki. I am a little confused with your script actions in ups courier. Why you award 1 credit and then take it back (is that a kind of check for something).
Thanks
Eric Walch

Post by Eric Walch »

Why you award 1 credit and then take it back (is that a kind of check for something).
Exactly! players have credits and other ships not. Without this test any ship would generate this message on screen, even when the cargo was scooped out of sight by the player.

In JS there are more direct ways to differentiate.
Ark
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Ark »

Arexack_Heretic wrote:
You probably scooped an empty pod...there are a few. (near the bottom of the shipdata.plist)
by the way a message "empty cargo pod scooped" would be nice :wink:
Erai
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Erai »

Ark wrote:
Arexack_Heretic wrote:
Weren't texts like "You scooped putrid Eusbian grape juice" the usual euphemism for "mwaha, you got zilch"? :P
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Erai wrote:
Ark wrote:
Arexack_Heretic wrote:
Weren't texts like "You scooped putrid Eusbian grape juice" the usual euphemism for "mwaha, you got zilch"? :P
No. Texts like this are the usual euphemism for "you got 1t of Liqueur/Wines". The same goes to different kinds of foods.
Ark
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Ark »

Arexack_Heretic wrote:
No i am afraid that the crates that do not give me a message about the type of cargo that i have scooped are not only the empty ones. They are mostly the ones that contain food, slaves, liquor/wines and furs. I only get "cargo container scooped" and not 1 tons of special food ect
After all even the empty ones have a scripted message that i am unable to see

I am playing with 1.70