Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

loading up expansion packs

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

lug
Poor
Poor

loading up expansion packs

Post by lug »

I am a complete novice when it comes to computers,so please bear in mind!

I would like to add on some expansion packs but do not know how to, and could someone please tell me how to access music as my oolite plays without any background music.

Thanks in advance
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

Follow the link below for information about (almost) everything you will need to know about OXPs, together with a list of what is currently available for download:
http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/OXP

For your question regarding music, you may want to install the Hyperradio oxp. Link is here: http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/Hyperradio_js_OXP. The Custom Sounds OXP also features some background music. Link to download: http://oosat.alioth.net/files/CustomSounds.zip.

Hope this helps.
lug
Poor
Poor

Post by lug »

Cheers for info,it says you have to move file to addon in oolite and i am not sure where this is?!! i probs sound dense and am when it comes to this kind of stuff.

Have saved the sounds to docs and opened and found relevant file but dont know where to put it now!!!!!
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

If you open up Oolite's folder with Explorer you should see a folder called Oolite.app and a folder called AddOns. Unzip the OXP to desktop and you'll get a folder called "MyOXP" or whatever. Open this one and you'll see a folder that ends .oxp Highlight the .oxp folder and move it to the AddOns folder. Thats it the OXP is installed. Fire up Oolite and hold down the SHIFT key whist it load up. The OXP features are now added to the game.
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
Hoopy
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Hoopy »

once you've got it all working it would be worth you suggesting some changes to the wording on the wiki so that the next person doesn't have to answer the same question.

continuous improvement, not making the same mistake twice and all that :)

I can't remember who the wiki editors are but I'm sure they're listening, erm, reading...
lug
Poor
Poor

Post by lug »

Thanks for all your help worked out and done!

cheers again
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

@ another_commander: Congratulations to your promotion! :D
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

Thanks :-) There have been a couple more promotions around. Kaks and Eric are now Commodores.
Hoopy
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Hoopy »

I wondered about that - from what I've seen on other PHP boards the admin can assign 'ranks' directly to users if they choose. I guess here you have to be of service to the board to get a funky new rank - seems a good deal to me. I'd best think of some ways to be useful :)
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

While we don’t actually have formal criteria, I’ve been assigning ranks to a) people of service to despamulation efforts (currently not an issue), and b) contributors to Oolite itself.
Rxke
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Rxke »

@ another_commander: hey, well deserved!
Captain Hesperus
Grand High Clock-Tower Poobah
Grand High Clock-Tower Poobah

Post by Captain Hesperus »

Congrats, another_commander!
Hoopy wrote:
I wondered about that - from what I've seen on other PHP boards the admin can assign 'ranks' directly to users if they choose. I guess here you have to be of service to the board to get a funky new rank - seems a good deal to me. I'd best think of some ways to be useful
Not necessarily useful in my case, more sort of notorious.....

Captain Hesperus
The truth, revealed!!
Hoopy
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Hoopy »

I'm sure the Trumbe Trade Federation didn't have to bribe Ahruman too much for you to get your title... :)