What does it all mean - addendum

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

What does it all mean - addendum

Post by Lestradae »

* What operating system you are using. *

Windows Vista.

* What type of processor, how much memory and what graphics card/chip your computer has. *

Pentium IV, 2GB RAM, NIVIDIA GForce 8600M GT

* What you were doing when it crashed. *

Landing on a space station. Often the same kind of crash when hyperjumping.

* Whether the crash is repeatable. If it only occurs under certain conditions, please include a saved game. *

Definitely repeatable. Happens in 50% of hyperjumps or docking procedures now.

* What OXPs you have installed, whether you’ve tried without them (in the case of repeatable crashes) etc. *

Aaaaall of them :) ... 162. So, no, have not yet tried to remove oxps.

* The log. Under Windows, the location of the log file depends where you installed Oolite. By default, on an English-language system, it’s C:\Program Files\Oolite\oolite.app\stderr.txt. *

Included below. (Sorry, really messy that way) By the way, in Windows Vista the stderr file is under c:\Users\Name\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Oolite (!)

I hate Vista.

Cheers,

Lestradae
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

First: It may make things more readable if you include long logs in (quote)(/quote)- or (code)(/code)-tags. (Use square brackets instead of the usual ones.)

Second: As I am repeating ever so often, better don't use any of Charlie's OXPs, because all of them are mega-buggy. Now there are some people around here who are willing to work on them. But until this is finished and bug-free versions are released: De-install!

Third: The more interesting bugs are the ones found in non-Charlie-OXPs. LittleBear has already named them in the other thread (BTW: it's a little bit confusing to start two threads on the same issue): Trident_Down(0.5) and Constrictor_more_hints. The latter hasn't been revised for a long time, as far as I know. But I think there is already a Trident_Down 0.6 out there. Try installing that.

And fourth: As far as I remember the
2008-02-11 22:41:57.000 oolite.exe[8752] don't know how to load entity 'http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd' id '-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN'
.:3: validity error : Validation failed: no DTD found !
is annoying, but not serious. There was a way to suppress it, IIRC. You may browse the board a bit to find it.

The
2008-02-11 22:42:50.000 oolite.exe[8752] unable to find GNUstep DTD - 'plist-0_9' for '-//GNUstep//DTD plist 0.9//EN'
2008-02-11 22:42:50.000 oolite.exe[8752] don't know how to load entity 'http://www.gnustep.org/plist-0_9.xml' id '-//GNUstep//DTD plist 0.9//EN'
could be more serious, though.

I'm not an expert, but this part of the error log could certainly need some more explanation by one of our wizards.
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

Commander McLane wrote:
The
2008-02-11 22:42:50.000 oolite.exe[8752] unable to find GNUstep DTD - 'plist-0_9' for '-//GNUstep//DTD plist 0.9//EN'
2008-02-11 22:42:50.000 oolite.exe[8752] don't know how to load entity 'http://www.gnustep.org/plist-0_9.xml' id '-//GNUstep//DTD plist 0.9//EN'
could be more serious, though.
Nah. Different flavour of the same non-problem.