Lost homing beacon

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Setu
Poor
Poor

Lost homing beacon

Post by Setu »

I bought a homing beacon, which appeared as a weapon (looked like a mine). I deployed it, to mark the wreckage of a pirate, went back to the space station, refueled and re-armed. When I got back to the beacon I scooped it up, but all my weapon slots were full.

I now don't seem to be able to buy another, but it won't put mine in a weapon slot. Any idea how to recover it?
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Empty one weapon slot first? I leave it to you to find a creative way of doing so... :twisted:

And yes: The beacon itself needs one missile slot. If you don't have a free slot in the first place, you can't even buy it. And in order to be able to re-scoop it of course you should not fill this missile slot again in-between.
Hoopy
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Hoopy »

could it be re-scripted so that after you scoop it you have to dock to get it refitted as a missile? It'd have to be high enough tech level and you might need a little screen to say - "Do you want the local gqarage to refit your beacon for 10 Cr? Yes/Not this time" That should solve all the problems i think...
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

And until docking it would just be counted as cargo? Could perhaps be done. But when I had installed it I liked its instant re-usability.
Hoopy
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Hoopy »

that was the idea. If you think about it how would the cargo scoops and cargo bay be connected to the missile bay? It seems to make sense that you'd need to dock to get put back in the missile bay.

But it does make it a bit less useful - maybe you'll just have to carry 2 or 3 in future :)