Deposed mission, Am I missing something? (spoiler warning)

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

jls
Average
Average

Deposed mission, Am I missing something? (spoiler warning)

Post by jls »

is there anything else to do other than kill the three black widows? I thought I read something about finding something beyond the navigation waypoint. Only asking as I have killed all three at least twice in the same jump and a couple more times having to hyperspace out and back in again. There is no change in the f5-f5 screen and when I get back to Esarqure to collect reward nothing happens there. Main reason I'm asking is that the Black widows did seem to die slightly funny a couple of times. ie just disappeared after escape pod had ejected and blown up. No explosion, no credit, no debris made me wonder if I was encountering another bug. TIA
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Hi!

Of course you have to return to the place where you got the mission for a debriefing. And that's what you have been told to do, isn't it?

Anyway, for a possible bug-hunting it would be very helpful to know (1) your OS, (2) the version of Oolite you're using and (3) the version of deposed.oxp you're playing with. Please never file a bug-report without these essential informations.

In the meantime please do the following: After you have destroyed the Blackwidows, please dock at any station, save your game, open your save-file with a text editor and search for the following: mission_depblk1, mission_depblk2 and mission_depblk3. In the line after each of these strings there has to be another text string. Please tell me what it reads. It should be either BLACK or DESTROYED.

With this information we should be able to figure out what's wrong.

@Eric (or another codemonkey): Wasn't there a problem with death_actions in 1.70? If he is using 1.70.
jls
Average
Average

Post by jls »

Sorry for the lack of info, Ubuntu 7.04, Oolite 1.65 and deposed 1.31. looks like a bit of a bug, just killed all 3 again yet the save shows file shows

<key>mission_depblk1</key>
<string>BLACK</string>
<key>mission_depblk2</key>
<string>BLACK</string>

Incidentally with this setup they seem somewhat easy to kill, having got on their tails they just kept flying away in a straight line loosing off the occasional missile in my direction and the odd burst from an aft laser. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the work that must go into coding the .oxp and then porting it so please dont take it as a complaint, I just thought I would mention it.

Thanks again to all involved
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

:oops:

Oops, my fault! My apologies! I had had the plan to change all variables to local_variables, and already had done so in the blackwidows' death_actions in shipdata.plist, when I changed my mind again. So the mission_depblk1 etc. never were set correctly in 1.3 and 1.3.1. :oops:

Anyway, I've corrected that and already uploaded v1.3.2 to the wiki. Direct download link here. Just replace version 1.3.1.

By the way: The blackwidows use just the standard pirateAI. So they should fight. Sometimes even pirates can be cowards, however.

And: make sure that all three of them have seized to exist, or the mission isn't yet fulfilled.