-verify-oxp warnings

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Kaks
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

-verify-oxp warnings

Post by Kaks »

Inside the ship definition file, the verifier comes up with quite a few warnings when keys like "view_position_aft" and "max_missiles" are found inside an NPC ship.

Does the engine slow down when spawning one of these ships, compared to ones that haven't got these 'extra' keys?

I'm asking because I'm trying to get as much speed out of Oolite as I can. Would have removed all of them already, but there's a lot of OXPs with just that type of warning, and I'm trying to find an excuse not to go through every single one of them! ;)

Cheers
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

Kaks wrote:
Inside the ship definition file, the verifier comes up with quite a few warnings when keys like "view_position_aft" and "max_missiles" are found inside an NPC ship.
Yupp. It's the same on my computer. It seems to be the same like the conditions warning https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?t=4149
Kaks
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by Kaks »

Ouch, that looks more serious than what I got.

Mind you I had the same error as you with the "weapon_offset" keys. I posted that here. Support for weapon_offset is gone in 1.70, but I wouldn't remove those keys because they're still valid & needed with the official -stable- version.

The verifier is still a work in progress, and even though you get that error, maybe 'harkov_escape1' still works as intended.

Ahruman, is that what's happening, the verifier not having the complete list of valid keys?
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

“view_position_aft” and “max_missiles” are meaningless for non-player ships, but they won’t hurt anything. Well, they’ll take up a few bytes of memory.

I’ve added “weapon_offset_x” to the schema. If I remember, I’ll add a warning or note about it at some point. I probably won’t remember, though. :-)
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

Code: Select all

- WARNING: "Music" is a nested directory, ignoring.
This happened when the folder contains additional files (e.g. .txt). After removing these files no warning anymore.

- ERROR: verification of ship "vector_cpodA" failed at "cargo_type": Value "CARGO_CARRIED" not recognized, should be one of (CARGO_NOT_CARGO, CARGO_SLAVES, CARGO_ALLOY, CARGO_MINERALS, CARGO_THARGOID, CARGO_RANDOM, ...).
I've tried to add the CARGO_CARRIED to the shipdataEntrySchema, but it still gives this error. Seems to be not declared in core (OOTypes.h?).

- ERROR: verification of ship "vector_frood" failed at "escape_pod_model": String "vector_epodA" does not have required suffix ".dat".
The shipdataEntrySchema (and the WIKI) says that this must be role and with a role it is working.

All these things are working in the game, only the verifier gives a warning or error message.
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

Svengali wrote:

- WARNING: "Music" is a nested directory, ignoring.
This happened when the folder contains additional files (e.g. .txt). After removing these files no warning anymore.
This message should only occur if you have directories within directories, as in:
* foo.oxp/
-- * Something/
---- * Music/

If this is not the case, it’s kind of hard for me to debug the situation unless I have the OXP causing the problem…
Svengali wrote:

- ERROR: verification of ship "vector_cpodA" failed at "cargo_type": Value "CARGO_CARRIED" not recognized, should be one of (CARGO_NOT_CARGO, CARGO_SLAVES, CARGO_ALLOY, CARGO_MINERALS, CARGO_THARGOID, CARGO_RANDOM, ...).
I've tried to add the CARGO_CARRIED to the shipdataEntrySchema, but it still gives this error. Seems to be not declared in core (OOTypes.h?).
No; CARGO_CARRIED is treated the same as CARGO_RANDOM. However, the string should be supported in the schema.
Svengali wrote:

- ERROR: verification of ship "vector_frood" failed at "escape_pod_model": String "vector_epodA" does not have required suffix ".dat".
The shipdataEntrySchema (and the WIKI) says that this must be role and with a role it is working.
This is a known bug in the schema, fixed for 1.72 (it used to say $modelName instead of $shipRole). I suspect you’re looking at the 1.72 schema but, one way or the other, running with the 1.71.x schema. This would also explain why adding CARGO_CARRIED above didn’t work for you.
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

Ahruman wrote:
If this is not the case, it’s kind of hard for me to debug the situation unless I have the OXP causing the problem…
I've sent you the link. Thanks that you want to look in it :-)

EDIT: Everything is fine now in v1.72.