trumbles or mil-lasers bug

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Piratepete
Poor
Poor

trumbles or mil-lasers bug

Post by Piratepete »

I've found that my saves get corrupted and don't load the games properly. The only thing that has changed is that i have trumbles on board AND bought a military laser at about the same time. Is this fixable?

also if i have more than 2 pages of saves I can't get to the latest ones and I can't find the save files in windows to delete older ones.

Stupidly i'm running vista 32 bit

can anyone help?
"Look officer, "Pirate" is just a nickname ok! See my status, clean as a whistle"
Ark
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Ark »

What is the version of oolite you currently playing?
I had a trumble related save game coruction a long time ago with 1.65.
About the number of save games is an old bug fixed in the newest (not yet released for the public) version by another_commander.
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

Your save files should be in ProgramFiles\Oolite\oolite.app\oolitesaves Move some saved games somewhere else and then you can get to they newest ones. Oolite only displays two pages, so you need to tidy up occasionaly. This may also be causing the failure to load the save game. Try it with only a couple of saves in. The easiest way is just to make a Folder in the oolitesaves folder (Old Commanders or whatever) and move saves there every so often.

Sometimes though Oolite just won't load a save file (its somthing to do with the file being wrongly set as stick-play). As a safety tip, save often and always save as Jameson1, Jameson2 etc rather than overwriting the same file. If Jameson99 is gets messed up, go back to Jameson98. This is not necessarily related to trumbles or buying military lasers, somtimes a save file just gets messed up.
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
Piratepete
Poor
Poor

Post by Piratepete »

nope there isn't an oolite saves folder under oolite apps, and its the latest version of oolite downloaded last week.

i had to go back 6 saves to get to one that works.
"Look officer, "Pirate" is just a nickname ok! See my status, clean as a whistle"
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

Is the military laser bug the one that once you buy a military laser you get some hundreds billions of credits? If yes, it is a known, fixed issue. The too-many-saves-causes-inability-to-load-some is also known and fixed in the development version. For now, the only way is to move some save files out of the folder you are loading from. Just leave in 7 at maximum.