Which sound OXP?

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Piratepete
Poor
Poor

Which sound OXP?

Post by Piratepete »

Which soundscape OXP is the best one?

I can't load any OXP's that add ships or anything but I can alter the sound, so which one would you guys recommend? I don't really want any music, just a better soundscape.

Thanks
"Look officer, "Pirate" is just a nickname ok! See my status, clean as a whistle"
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

Its gotta be Custom Sounds. :wink: This one adds the Star Trek (NG) female computer voice to warn you of Incoming Missiles, ECM systems etc and has a few tunes thrown in. You can add more than one pack, but if both change say the sound for ECM then you only hear one of them. Custom Sounds changes 45 odd sounds and is the largest currently about.
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

Definitely Custom Sounds. I'd go as far as to say that it enhances the Oolite experience.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

And what's your problem with other OXPs, Piratepete? I've never heard of some kind of selective OXP-installation-refusal.
Disembodied
Jedi Spam Assassin
Jedi Spam Assassin

Post by Disembodied »

I think Piratepete is involved in some kind of wager, akin to racing around the world from the front door of one's Club within a specified but unlikely number of days. Even as we speak, I have no doubt that his arch-rival is concocting a dastardly plot of some kind to foil Piratepete's efforts. In a hot-air balloon.
Captain Hesperus
Grand High Clock-Tower Poobah
Grand High Clock-Tower Poobah

Post by Captain Hesperus »

Disembodied wrote:
I think Piratepete is involved in some kind of wager, akin to racing around the world from the front door of one's Club within a specified but unlikely number of days. Even as we speak, I have no doubt that his arch-rival is concocting a dastardly plot of some kind to foil Piratepete's efforts. In a hot-air balloon.
They haven't been changing the suspension fluid in your jar again have they? You can tell because there are old cigarette ends bobbing on the surface, always a dead giveaway....:wink:

Captain Hesperus
The truth, revealed!!
Cmdr. Maegil
Sword-toting nut-job
Sword-toting nut-job

Post by Cmdr. Maegil »

Those are no cigarretes...
You know those who, having been mugged and stabbed, fired, dog run over, house burned down, wife eloped with best friend, daughters becoming prostitutes and their countries invaded - still say that "all is well"?
I'm obviously not one of them.
Disembodied
Jedi Spam Assassin
Jedi Spam Assassin

Post by Disembodied »

:shock:

Dammit! Someone get me a tea-strainer...