Old Elite-r new Oolite-r

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Piratepete
Poor
Poor

Old Elite-r new Oolite-r

Post by Piratepete »

Hi,

I'm normally a member of the big chill forum and one of our crew found a bbc emulated version of Elite, and challenged the rest of us to see who could, make the most money, get this highest status, have the most kills etc in a month of playing.

Consequently I stumbled across this version.

Now i looked for a version a few years ago but due to the legal wrangling didn't find a decent one.

Oolite is superb, it just seems a perfect conversion. I've even got keys laid out for trading and a 360 pad for combat.

Whoever wrote this is now my favourite person in the world and i doff my space helmet to you sir. Its even got shaders and i can play it on my dual monitor set up!

I've also had a lurk around your forum and it seems really well supported. So i'm gonna get this challenge out of the way and get some OXP's loaded.

Nice one guys :) its like i'm 12 sat in front of a little 14" telly on my C64 again.

One very happy Pirate
"Look officer, "Pirate" is just a nickname ok! See my status, clean as a whistle"
Captain Hesperus
Grand High Clock-Tower Poobah

Re: Old Elite-r new Oolite-r

Post by Captain Hesperus »

Greetings, Piratepete, and welcome to the friendliest board in the Ooniverse!
I'm so glad to meet another person who suffers from an unearned bad reputation, pirate indeed!

I'm so glad that you've rekindled what you though was a long-lost love, now you'll find it more addictive than Doc. Nil's 'Medicinal Megaweed'....
The man responsible for the original concept is Giles 'Aegidian' Williams, who is presently taking a well earned rest after His Monumental Task at creating the Ooniverse. The man responsible for the shaders is Ahruman, our present Supreme Grand Admiral.

And I am the man feline responsible for indoctrination and greeting. So, if you will deposit Cr30 into my Credit account, I'll have OoPS deliver your free Trumble direct to your ship. :wink:

Captain Hesperus
.....always willing to help
The truth, revealed!!
Piratepete
Poor
Poor

Post by Piratepete »

Thanks Cap'n

Its nice to be back, I have already upgraded to a larger bay, beam laser, fuel scoops and one of those new fangled target ID systems. I've already had a mate round today going "Ooh is that Elite?" "No its Oolite".

Anyway I've got some computers to deliver, then I'm gonna go and shoot some bad guys.

As for the 30Cr, well i just don't seem to have any ready cash on me at the moment, its all tied up in cargo i'm afraid :)
"Look officer, "Pirate" is just a nickname ok! See my status, clean as a whistle"
Captain Hesperus

Post by Captain Hesperus »

Piratepete wrote:
As for the 30Cr, well i just don't seem to have any ready cash on me at the moment, its all tied up in cargo i'm afraid :)
Never fear, there'll always be Trumbles for sale. When you're flush, just you come and see the ol' Cap'n....:wink:

Captain Hesperus
.....still trading rare 'rabbit-eared' Trumbles for Easter (and also able to supply tubs of Brylcreme to maintain the ears).
The truth, revealed!!
The Edible Poet
Competent
Competent

Post by The Edible Poet »

Ah, I'm a member of the BC forum as well (but I never post much, bit of a lurker).