Rolling controls have changed…

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

cmndrphilby
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Rolling controls have changed…

Post by cmndrphilby »

Hi,

I've noticed that the controls when I roll the ship I don't 'stay on the spot' and spin, I spin on a large arc. This is making it really difficult to manually dock (I have docking computers but sometimes instructions aren't issued from the space station).

So, when I line up to dock, any rolling of the ship results in it moving out of the path of the entrance and crashing into the station!

Not sure when this changed, maybe in the 1.70 release - anyone else had this?

BTW this is my first post after discovering Oolite - used to play it loads on the Beeb and am slowly watching my adult life getting sucked away by it!
The Edible Poet
Competent
Competent

Post by The Edible Poet »

Yup. I had the same problem.

I'm guessing you're using the BBC key config, right?

Well in 1.70 you get an extra set of controls for rudder, but the get put on the same keys as you roll keys, so so you end up doing both at the same time.

Easily fixed by editing your key config, the guys here sorted me out when i had the same problem.

{
key_roll_left = 44;
key_roll_right = 46;
key_pitch_forward = 115;
key_pitch_back = 120;
key_yaw_left = 253; // left arrow
key_yaw_right = 252; // right arrow

Open it up in a text editor and make the above changes and you'll have standard BBC keys with the rudder on the left and right cursor keys.

Hope that helps, and welcome to the boards. :wink:
cmndrphilby
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Re: Controls mix-up

Post by cmndrphilby »

Nice one!

Have changed the keyconfig file and back to normal!

Was getting used to the new controls though, will be weird to go back to how it was. Oh well, at least I'll be able to dock!

Thanks again.

Commander Philbychan