Random Hits - or Your Murder Here!

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

Be faily easy to do. Really just an OXP with an alternative traderAI (and maybe a pirateAI too so pirates sent pirate type hails). If you have a look at the "mark-fighting" "mark-fleeing" "mark-begging" lists in the Random Hits descriptions you'd get the idea. The AI would just need an extra state added when flying to its destination, scanforshipwithrole: player, target found = d roll 9, roll 1 = "sendCommsMessage: [trader_hello]". I'm a bit too burnt out on descriptions after RandomHits though to do it!
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
Cmdr. Maegil
Sword-toting nut-job
Sword-toting nut-job

Post by Cmdr. Maegil »

Shouldn't this last few posts go to its own thread?
You know those who, having been mugged and stabbed, fired, dog run over, house burned down, wife eloped with best friend, daughters becoming prostitutes and their countries invaded - still say that "all is well"?
I'm obviously not one of them.
FSOneblin
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by FSOneblin »

I think this is the right palace to post a bug for this oxp. It is a bug when your looking for the person that has the bounty. He/She/it is not there.Ive checked the sun and space lanes, but I can't find them.
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

Hint: Line yourself up with the main stations Nav Beacon and fly towards it. Criminals will not automatically attack you when they come on the scanner. Patricularly if they are in a fairly weedy ship (like an Adder or battered old Cobra I) they are more likely to light up their injectors, so you do need to investigate every radar contact to check if its the target.

To check its not a bug could you tell me the name of the Mark, his/her ship and the System and Galaxy where he should be?

EDIT : Criminals in Asp Explorers not appearing is a known bug on V1.0 (fixed for V1.1).
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
FSOneblin
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by FSOneblin »

Yes, it was an asp explorer (hand painted). When 1.1 comes out, it won't stand a chance aginsed my awesome cobra mk 3 (I kill thargoid carriers with it). Thanks for answering my post.

Don't panic: FSOneblin