Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Time scale up

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Charon102
Average
Average

Time scale up

Post by Charon102 »

Is it possible tomultiply the time on a long flight? In the orginal Elite (First encounters) it was possible. 2x 10x and so on
Wolfwood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wolfwood »

First Encounters was definitely NOT the original Elite... ;)

In the original Elite, as well as in Oolite, you can "minijump" inside the system by using the J key when there are no other ships on the scanner.
Author of Tales from the Frontier - official Elite 4 anthology.
Author of Marcan Rayger adventures - unofficial fan-fic novellas set in the Frontier universe.
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

No. I don't think that it's possible, because all methods related to the clock are ONLY readable (you can't overwrite the value) from within an Oxp. And that's absolutely ok. But if you are looking for a way to fasten your travelling there are some things you could do. Avoid the main space lanes and as Wolfwood says use the J-key.
Cmdr. Maegil
Sword-toting nut-job
Sword-toting nut-job

Post by Cmdr. Maegil »

You know those who, having been mugged and stabbed, fired, dog run over, house burned down, wife eloped with best friend, daughters becoming prostitutes and their countries invaded - still say that "all is well"?
I'm obviously not one of them.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Time scale up

Post by Commander McLane »

Charon102 wrote:
Is it possible tomultiply the time on a long flight? In the orginal Elite (First encounters) it was possible. 2x 10x and so on
Hi, Charon102. You may want to read the Oolite FAQ in the EliteWiki, especially the 8th question. But also the other questions and answers are worth reading. :wink: