Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Repair problems and firing problems

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

windrider
Above Average
Above Average

Repair problems and firing problems

Post by windrider »

I'm using version 1.69.1 on windows xp pro. Been playing for a few months now.

Today I got nailed by a bunch of rowdies while heading into Arzaquar in Galaxy 5 that damaged my Extra Energy Unit
However, when I docked at a Level 10 station (Divees, I think) I paid for an overhaul, but it didn't clear the EEU damage. There was no offer for a repair of the EEU separately

I hit several planets including a level 14 and still no offer for the repair. I ended up having to edit my .save file.

Whenever I'm in a dogfight and switch to my after military lasers, if I align the target dead center in the reticule, it does nothing. I've actually got to have the riticule above the target to get hits.

I'm flying a python class cruiser.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

The non-repairable EEU is strange. It should be repairable in all TL 8+ stations. You get offered the repair on the equipment screen, instead of buying a new one.

However, there is in the current test-versions (at least with 1.69.1.1-mac; I'm not entirely sure whether it dates back to 1.69.1) a problem with the availibility of extra and naval energy unit. (They should exclude each other from being offered, but currently don't.) Perhaps this affects the availibility of repair as well? This is only a wild guess, however.

As far as the centering of the reticule is concerned: Yes, that's the way it is. It actually depends very much which ship you're in. In some ships the view-position and the laser-position are quite different. And especially if the view-position is off-center to the ship, you will have to take this into calculation as well when aiming.