Crashing.

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Cmdr Thorsson(aka zx81)
Above Average
Above Average

Post by Cmdr Thorsson(aka zx81) »

I ran a quick check within windows(search) and only came up with one instance:

'mortrantex' (a png texture file) in: .........Oolite\AddOns\Lave.oxp\textures

Is that good enough or shall I role out notepad++ and check the plist files?

I'll check next time if I only get the CTD on entry to Lave. Now why would it only happen when I have transports.oxp loaded?
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

'mortrantex' (a png texture file) in: .........Oolite\AddOns\Lave.oxp\textures
That helps: the "mortran" is inside the Lave.oxp. Is is not added by regular script, but with a script in planetInfo.plist.

On starting Oolite 1.69.1 I see in the logfile:

Code: Select all

Oolite [script.addShips.failed] -[PlayerEntity(Scripting) addShipsAt:] (PlayerEntityLegacyScriptEngine.m:1333): ***** CANNOT addShipsAt: 'mortran 1 pwm 13935 41730 14230' (should be addShipsAt: role number coordinate_system x y z)
Strange as I am in system 5 and the script should only be active in the Lave system. But with the debugging tool I can add all ships inside this OXP but the mortran. And I don't see why it just is not appearing.

EDIT: I just renamed the file Lave.oxp into ZLave.oxp. Now it loads as last and everything is fine. The error is gone and I can add the ship with the debugging tool. So it must be a conflict of subfiles that overwrite eachother becouse they have the same name. This oxp is badly written because it uses manu short comon names that are likely to collide. e.g. AI names are like trainee.ai, customrAI.
More problematic is that is uses shipnames like "krait" and "Coral" that are used in other OXP.s. Change those names in more complex names.

The bug with transports was that both use the shipname "moray-transporter". One with role "mortran" the other with "moraytransport" as role. Change the shipname in "mortran-transporter". Maybe things will work than althoug both still use the same .dat file.