Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Random Hits - or Your Murder Here!

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Arexack_Heretic
Dangerous Subversive Element
Location: [%H] = Earth surface, Lattitude 52°10'58.19"N, longtitude 4°30'0.25"E.

Post by Arexack_Heretic »

Well spotted, but that is stretching the scope of 'typo' to breaking point. ;)
Seems LB has some ingrained (or willfully stubborn) ways of writing certain english words. (unless it's Amenglish, I can't tell tomato from tom-ate-o)

Are Braben and Bell in by the way?
(I feel they deserve reverence like Giles, like as they are the 'fathers of Giles' ;) or creators of the holy-lite, which was passed on to his diciple Ahruman by the eternal Giles, who was burntout by the demands of the code.)
Its what comes of copying your strings (and Megal's) straight from the BB into descriptions rather than into Word first to check the speeeling
lol. Yep I got some stubborn ways of writing things wrong. esp. when I don't check it (I just typed it in the forum console).
Last edited by Arexack_Heretic on Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Riding the Rocket!
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

Its what comes of copying your strings (and Megal's) straight from the BB into descriptions rather than into Word first to check the speeeling :P

Bell and Braben appear as a bar name "The Bell and Braben Bar and Grill".
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

At looking at your complete AI it seems to make no sense: far to much scanning. Scan for merchantman already includes the player. scan for non thargoid already includes everything except thargoids. And when you have found something you do nothing when the offending status is to low. The last scan you do is scanForOffenders and that is almost the same as you do in the previous scans, so only keep this one and throw everything else away. scanForOffenders finds only offenders, but with a chance factor. But in your previous scans you also just have a chance to pick an offender. The chance to find a ship during a scan ranges from 0% to 100% with an offender status ranging from 0 till 256 legal point. So a ship with 1 legal points takes on average 256 scans to be found. A ship with 25 points about 10 scans etc.. And AI runs about 8 times a second so you can calculate that everything with offending status is found within a few seconds.

You don't want to include minor offenders, so put a "checkTargetLegalStatus" in the  "TARGET_FOUND" message. In the same state you then use the  "TARGET_OFFENDER" and  "TARGET_FUGITIVE" responses.
Let all responses that should lead to an attack end with the groupAttackTarget command. This command will set the GROUP_ATTACK_TARGET message. Then in the  "GROUP_ATTACK_TARGET" message you handle the actual change of state. "groupAttackTarget" not always makes sense, but defenseShips get a group ID and will respond to this call. Ships launched by role will not.

So your AI only needs two states, the "ATTACK" state and next scan state:

Code: Select all

"SCAN_FOR_CRIMINALS" = { 
        "ENTER" = (scanForOffenders); 
         "ATTACKED" = (setTargetToPrimaryAggressor, "sendTargetCommsMessage: [spacebar-warning]", "markTargetForOffence: 51", groupAttackTarget); 
        "GROUP_ATTACK_TARGET" = (setTargetToFoundTarget, launchDefenseShip, "setStateTo: ATTACK");
         "OFFENCE_COMMITTED" = (setTargetToFoundTarget, "markTargetForOffence: 15", "sendTargetCommsMessage: [spacebar-warning]", groupAttackTarget); 
         "ACCEPT_DISTRESS_CALL" = (setTargetToFoundTarget, "markTargetForOffence: 15", groupAttackTarget); 
         "INCOMING_MISSILE" = (fireECM, launchDefenseShip, "sendTargetCommsMessage: [spacebar-warning]", "markTargetForOffence: 51", groupAttackTarget); 
         "NOTHING_FOUND" = (); 
         "TARGET_FOUND" = (setTargetToFoundTarget, checkTargetLegalStatus); 
          "TARGET_CLEAN" = (); 
          "TARGET_MINOR_OFFENDER" = (); 
          "TARGET_OFFENDER" = ("sendTargetCommsMessage: [spacebar-warning]", setTargetToFoundTarget, groupAttackTarget); 
          "TARGET_FUGITIVE" = ("sendTargetCommsMessage: [spacebar-warning]", setTargetToFoundTarget, groupAttackTarget); 
         "UPDATE" = (scanForOffenders, decreaseAlertLevel);
         "EXIT" = ();   }; 
Eric Walch

Post by Eric Walch »

At looking at your complete AI it seems to make no sense: far to much scanning. Scan for merchantman already includes the player. scan for non thargoid already includes everything except thargoids. And when you have found something you do nothing when the offending status is to low. The last scan you do is scanForOffenders and that is almost the same as you do in the previous scans, so only keep this one and throw everything else away. scanForOffenders finds only offenders, but with a chance factor. But in your previous scans you also just have a chance to pick an offender. The chance to find a ship during a scan ranges from 0% to 100% with an offender status ranging from 0 till 256 legal point. So a ship with 1 legal points takes on average 256 scans to be found. A ship with 25 points about 10 scans etc.. And AI runs about 8 times a second so you can calculate that everything with offending status is found within a few seconds.

You don't want to include minor offenders, so put a "checkTargetLegalStatus" in the  "TARGET_FOUND" message. In the same state you then use the  "TARGET_OFFENDER" and  "TARGET_FUGITIVE" responses.
Let all responses that should lead to an attack end with the groupAttackTarget command. This command will set the GROUP_ATTACK_TARGET message. Then in the  "GROUP_ATTACK_TARGET" message you handle the actual change of state. "groupAttackTarget" not always makes sense, but defenseShips get a group ID and will respond to this call. Ships launched by role will not.

So your AI only needs two states, the "ATTACK" state and next scan state:

"SCAN_FOR_CRIMINALS" = { 
        "ENTER" = (scanForOffenders); 
         "ATTACKED" = (setTargetToPrimaryAggressor, "sendTargetCommsMessage: [spacebar-warning]", "markTargetForOffence: 51", groupAttackTarget); 
        "GROUP_ATTACK_TARGET" = (setTargetToFoundTarget, launchDefenseShip, "setStateTo: ATTACK");
         "OFFENCE_COMMITTED" = (setTargetToFoundTarget, "markTargetForOffence: 15", "sendTargetCommsMessage: [spacebar-warning]", groupAttackTarget); 
         "ACCEPT_DISTRESS_CALL" = (setTargetToFoundTarget, "markTargetForOffence: 15", groupAttackTarget); 
         "INCOMING_MISSILE" = (fireECM, launchDefenseShip, "sendTargetCommsMessage: [spacebar-warning]", "markTargetForOffence: 51", groupAttackTarget); 
         "NOTHING_FOUND" = (); 
         "TARGET_FOUND" = (setTargetToFoundTarget, checkTargetLegalStatus); 
          "TARGET_CLEAN" = (); 
          "TARGET_MINOR_OFFENDER" = (); 
          "TARGET_OFFENDER" = ("sendTargetCommsMessage: [spacebar-warning]", setTargetToFoundTarget, groupAttackTarget); 
          "TARGET_FUGITIVE" = ("sendTargetCommsMessage: [spacebar-warning]", setTargetToFoundTarget, groupAttackTarget); 
         "UPDATE" = (scanForOffenders, decreaseAlertLevel);
         "EXIT" = ();   }; 
Arexack_Heretic
Location: [%H] = Earth surface, Lattitude 52°10'58.19"N, longtitude 4°30'0.25"E.

give the bar a turret and it will attack with that as well. ;)
Riding the Rocket!
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

@Eric. I agree I have too many states, the trouble was the AI frequently fails to detect targets if it is optimised! This way as I force lots of scans the Bar reacts to a crime / criminal within a couple of seconds. Eg the scan for pirates should be unnecessary as they should be detected by the check of legal status, but they werent! With lots of states its a good bet one state will pick them up. With just one state offences were being committed and pirates swanning about with the bar just sitting there. I think this is beacause a scan is done very quickly. To cycle through all states takes about a second, so it doesn't slow the game down. I playtested a lot of different versions and found it needed mutiple states to get a reliable reaction. Its messy, but it works! :wink:

@Griff: Do you fancy sticking a load of turrets on the rock part (I reckon the ones from the BattleBot Control Drone would look in keeping with the bar - unless you fancy doing a new model.) Maybe double the size of the bar as well, there are a lot of hunters aboad!

Further randomised the cool item bit and added some of disembodied's useless junk:-

<string>thought to possess [random_hits_cool_item],</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] stealing [random_hits_cool_item],</string>
	<string>rumoured to be in possession of [random_hits_cool_item],</string>
	<string>who recently acquired [random_hits_cool_item] in suspicious circumstances,</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] criminal use of [random_hits_cool_item],</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] vandalising [random_hits_cool_item],</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] selling [random_hits_cool_item] without permission,</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] illegal possession of [random_hits_cool_item],</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] setting fire to [random_hits_cool_item],</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] attempted theft of [random_hits_cool_item],</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] conspiracy to steal [random_hits_cool_item],</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] unauthorised use of [random_hits_cool_item],</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] deliberately damaging [random_hits_cool_item],</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] urinating on [random_hits_cool_item],</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] making off with [random_hits_cool_item],</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] looking covetously at [random_hits_cool_item],</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] looking sideways at [random_hits_cool_item],</string>
	<string>who stole [random_hits_cool_item],</string>
	<string>who vandalised [random_hits_cool_item],</string>
	<string>who set fire to [random_hits_cool_item],</string>
	<string>who deliberately damaged [random_hits_cool_item],</string>
	<string>who urinated on [random_hits_cool_item],</string>
	<string>who made off with [random_hits_cool_item],</string>
	<string>who coveted [random_hits_cool_item],</string>
	<string>who attempted to steal [random_hits_cool_item],</string>
	<string>who conspired to steal [random_hits_cool_item],</string>
	</array>

<key>assassination_board_crime</key>
	<array>
	<string>wanted for</string>
	<string>suspected of</string>
	<string>guilty of</string>
	<string>indicted for</string>
	<string>convicted of</string>
	<string>convicted in absentia of</string>
	<string>charged with</string>
	<string>currently on the run for</string>
	</array>

<key>random_hits_cool_item</key>
	<array>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] foodblender</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] antique flintlock pistol</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] copper golem</string>
	<string>a Thargoid's underwear</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] valuable silver surfboard</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] broccoli plant</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] copy of Elite 4</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] rubber chicken</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] finest turnip</string>
	<string>a morsel of a very well cured Corsicoid cheese</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] unbelievably sharp katana sword</string>
	<string>the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch</string>
	<string>the [assassination_board_poster_systemd]ian Sceptre of Authority</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] copy of the Federal Times</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] copy of the Imperial Herald</string>
	<string>a very funny hat</string>
	<string>a ridiculous [assassination_board_poster_systemd]ian bowtie</string>
	<string>a compromising piece of party underwear</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] chemistry set</string>
	<string>a deadly cream pie</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] collection of bad jokes</string>
	<string>a shipment of hi-tech military hardware</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] copy of Baudelaire's 'Fleurs du Mal'</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] antique copy of Poe's anthology</string>
	<string>a cannister of Soholian Plague virus</string>
	<string>a brand new combat computer</string>
	<string>a devilishly ingenious auto-target system</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] prized set of bagpipes</string>
	<string>a bank of Aegis Suprema shield generators</string>
	<string>an experimental 4MW beam laser</string>
	<string>a full rack of military missiles</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] Bruce Willis clone</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] original Masamune katana sword</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] fully functional scale model of the Ark of Alliance</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] Playsentient holo-cube</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] top of the range vacuum cleaner</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] bottle of 75% proof puncheon rum</string>
	<string>a prototype mass projectile railgun</string>
	<string>a laser cooling system</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] asteroid plough</string>
	<string>a Valkyrie laser array</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] copy of 'How to Conquer the Ooniverse in 30 Easy Lessons'</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] artificial leg</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] wooden false teeth</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] dead trumble on a spring</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] glow in the dark OmniDeity</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] vibrating pilot's chair</string>
	</array>

<key>random_hits_cool_item_owner</key>
	<array>
	<string>my</string>
	<string>my daughter's</string>
	<string>my mother's</string>
	<string>my hatchling's</string>
	<string>my uncle's</string>
	<string>my son's</string>
	<string>my cousin's</string>
	<string>my auntie's</string>
	<string>my father's</string>
	<string>my nephew's</string>
	<string>my brother's</string>
	<string>my sister's</string>
	<string>my grandmother's</string>
	<string>my grandfather's</string>
	<string>the President's</string>
	<string>a Superintendent's</string>
	<string>a GalCop Inspector's</string>
	<string>a GalCop Officer's</string>
	<string>a Tax Inspector's</string>
	</array>
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Here are some more, if you don't mind. Most of them deal with crimes related to other OXPs. And if there are doublettes to what you already have, just throw them away.

<string>[assassination_board_crime] taking Giles' name in vain,</string>
<string>[assassination_board_crime] infecting [assassination_board_poster_systemd] with the Black Plague,</string>
<string>[assassination_board_crime] cursing in a Zenarchy Monastery,</string>
<string>who made Grandma Thruttle really angry,</string>
<string>who fell asleep while watching an exciting [assassination_board_poster_systemd]ian sit com,</string>

And more random_hits_cool_items:

<string>a Happy Eye pulpit</string>
<string>the sacred relics of the Witchspace Lobster</string>
<string>a brand new Terascreen</string>
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by LittleBear »

Cheers, Hetetics wheeze of using looping has increased the variety in all parts of the message alot! I've broken the cool_items into things and people:- "wanted for stealing my daughters chemistry set" as against "charged with teasing the Laveian President's Bruce Willis clone".

Full crimes list:-

<key>assassination_board_part2</key>
	<array>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] tax evasion,</string>
	<string>and known cat juggler,</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] spamming bulletin boards,</string>
	<string>seen urinating outside a public convenience,</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] moral turpitude,</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] imagining the death of a monarch,</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] persistent breaches of docking regulations,</string>
	<string>who failed to read the small print on the organ-donor card,</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] illegal chimp dumping,</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] chump dumping without a licence,</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] Umpty-bagging,</string>
	<string>and known organ-legger,</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] crimes against reality,</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] passing the Maleveian Lethal Brandy counter-spinwards,</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] criminal food-blending,</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] docking violations too numerous to mention,</string>
	<string>and third-degree solipsist,</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] lese majeste,</string>
	<string>seen whistling on a Tuesday,</string>
	<string>and known Thargoid sympathiser,</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] committing unnatural acts with a Thargoid,</string>
	<string>whose library books are overdue,</string>
	<string>and repeated abuser of medicinal megaweed,</string>
	<string>and convicted shrew-rustler,</string>
	<string>and peddler of vapourware,</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] numerous petty criminal acts,</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] trading in illegal goods,</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] making anti-crustacean remarks,</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] breach of contract,</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] playing with marked cards,</string>
	<string>who has the death sentence on twelve systems,</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] grand theft astro across the galaxies,</string>
	<string>and witness in an important case,</string>
	<string>who didn't know when to fold playing cards with legitimate business beings,</string>
	<string>and minion who knows too much,</string>
	<string>and suspected Spartacus Brotherhood sympathiser,</string>
	<string>and slave trading low-life,</string>
	<string>whose death is required in the interests of GalCop,</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] non-payment of fines,</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] causing a total existence failure in the Sol System,</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] smuggling battle weapons across systems,</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] smuggling trumbles across systems,</string>
	<string>and known member of the Knights who say Ni,</string>
	<string>suspected heretic against the Church of Giles,</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] feeding beings to ravenous Bug Blatter Beasts,</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] crimes against the Laws of Time,</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] cruelty to trumbles,</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] numerous violations of Galactic Health and Safety Law,</string>
	<string>has earned the right to be treated with extreme prejudice. The victim, currently</string>
	<string>and rotten narcotics trader,</string>
	<string>and ordinary trader,</string>
	<string>and well known pirate,</string>
	<string>and Minister of the Unholy Church of the Supreme Anti-Giles,</string>
	<string>and pesky union agitator,</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] impregnating two felines and running away,</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] causing the loss of a passenger liner with a cargo container contaminated with trumbles,</string>
	<string>last seen</string>
	<string>and member of the Smugglers Guild,</string>
	<string>and member of the local commercial athenaeum,</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] selling trade secrets,</string>
	<string>and treacherous employee of Griff Research Ltd,</string>
	<string>and dubious ex-employee of Heretic Shipyards Ltd,</string>
	<string>and foul-smelling, grog-swilling blackguard,</string>
 	<string>must be dispatched with the utmost urgency for the common good. The mark, believed to be</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] the planning and preparation of aggressive war,</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] conspiracy to commit crimes against felinity,</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] inciting lobstoid identity theft,</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] solicitation to commit malfeasance in public office,</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] arson aboard an orbital space station,</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] thought crime whilst docked in a Communist system,</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] attempted blackmail of a GalCop Officer,</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] embezzlement from Communist Party funds,</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] piracy and murder,</string>
	<string>know to have caused unnecessary suffering to a Weeviloid,</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] having caused unnecessary suffering to small harmless rodents,</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] littering,</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] jayspacewalking,</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] personality theft,</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] brainjacking,</string>
	<string>who removed the "do not remove" label from a mattress,</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] contravening the Being Bloody Stupid Act of 1581,</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] being too clever by half,</string>
	<string>who we really, really don't like,</string>
	<string>who has a very ugly sister,</string>
	<string>and all-round unpleasant individual,</string>
	<string>whose sibling looked at me funny once,</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] having a real life,</string>
	<string>and tele-sales being of ill repute,</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] smelling of cabbage in a public place,</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] transmitting irrational communications,</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] irradiating a mallard on a Sunday,</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] taking pot-shots at [assassination_board_poster_systemd] Station,</string>
	<string>last seen in possesion of an illegal foodblender,</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] the illegal re-sale of defective slaves,</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] sentient carnivory,</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] copyright infringement,</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] quantum disruption of the time-line,</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] breaching a Judicial Order to clean up after the craboids,</string>
	<string>who etch-a-sketched a crude rude image of The Lord Giles,</string>
	<string>and notorious Witchspace Lobster worshiper,</string>
	<string>who utterly displeases the Happy Eye,</string>
	<string>who disturbed [random_hits_cool_item_owner] mid-morning nap,</string>
	<string>and strike breaking scab,</string>
	<string>who forged zero-G Hockey Galactic Cup tickets,</string>
	<string>who has defaced Ad-X property,</string>
	<string>and escapee from an Astrogulag,</string>
	<string>who robbed a Pi-47 convenience store,</string>
	<string>who missed an important penalty shot,</string>
	<string>who spreads Mad Avian Disease,</string>
	<string>and vacuum karate black belt,</string>
	<string>and former Space Rickshaw pilot,</string>
	<string>and recent Looto winner,</string>
	<string>who transported a feline to Esisor,</string>
	<string>and hot Thoraxxx Twister show performer,</string>
	<string>who claims to have seen Orbs,</string>
	<string>and undaunted guerrilla plumber,</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] selling hazardous xenoforms without a permit,</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] smoking mega-weed without a prescription,</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] trading in defective snake-oil,</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] uttering the word 'Belgium' in a public place,</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] breaking the rules of acquisition,</string>
	<string>and corrupt croupier,</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] inciting the Dice Life across the Galaxies,</string>
        <string>who failed to repay a loan,</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] ramming the [assassination_board_poster_systemd]ian Navigational Beacon,</string>
	<string>and suspected member of 'The Link' insurgent group,</string>
	<string>who failed to attend attitude adjustment class,</string>
	<string>who failed to clean groigoid-droppings from [assassination_board_poster_systemd] Station flightdeck,</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] taking Giles' name in vain,</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] infecting [assassination_board_poster_systemd] with the Black Death,</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] cursing in a Zenarchy Monastery,</string>
	<string>who made Grandma Thruttle really angry,</string>
	<string>who fell asleep watching an exciting [assassination_board_poster_systemd]ian sit com,</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_company]</string>
	<string>thought to possess [random_hits_cool_item],</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] stealing [random_hits_cool_item],</string>
	<string>rumoured to be in possession of [random_hits_cool_item],</string>
	<string>who recently acquired [random_hits_cool_item] in suspicious circumstances,</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] criminal use of [random_hits_cool_item],</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] vandalising [random_hits_cool_item],</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] selling [random_hits_cool_item] without permission,</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] illegal possession of [random_hits_cool_item],</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] setting fire to [random_hits_cool_item],</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] attempted theft of [random_hits_cool_item],</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] conspiracy to steal [random_hits_cool_item],</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] unauthorised use of [random_hits_cool_item],</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] deliberately damaging [random_hits_cool_item],</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] urinating on [random_hits_cool_item],</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] making off with [random_hits_cool_item],</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] looking covetously at [random_hits_cool_item],</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] looking sideways at [random_hits_cool_item],</string>
	<string>whom the [assassination_board_poster_systemd]ian authorities believe to have recently acquired [random_hits_cool_item],</string>
	<string>who stole [random_hits_cool_item],</string>
	<string>who vandalised [random_hits_cool_item],</string>
	<string>who set fire to [random_hits_cool_item],</string>
	<string>who deliberately damaged [random_hits_cool_item],</string>
	<string>who urinated on [random_hits_cool_item],</string>
	<string>who made off with [random_hits_cool_item],</string>
	<string>who covets [random_hits_cool_item],</string>
	<string>who attempted to steal [random_hits_cool_item],</string>
	<string>who conspired to steal [random_hits_cool_item],</string>
	<string>who destroyed [random_hits_cool_item],</string>
	<string>who wreaked [random_hits_cool_item],</string>
	<string>who broke [random_hits_cool_item],</string>
	<string>who sold [random_hits_cool_item] without permission,</string>
	<string>who ruined [random_hits_cool_item],</string>
	<string>who lost [random_hits_cool_item],</string>
	<string>who looked sideways at [random_hits_cool_item],</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] kidnapping [random_hits_cool_item2],</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] abducting [random_hits_cool_item2],</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] teasing [random_hits_cool_item2],</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] cruelty towards [random_hits_cool_item2],</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] eating [random_hits_cool_item2],</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_crime] torturing [random_hits_cool_item2],</string>
	<string>who kidnapped [random_hits_cool_item2],</string>
	<string>who abducted [random_hits_cool_item2],</string>
	<string>who teased [random_hits_cool_item2],</string>
	<string>who was cruel towards [random_hits_cool_item2],</string>
	<string>who eat [random_hits_cool_item2],</string>
	<string>who tortured [random_hits_cool_item2],</string>
	</array>

<key>assassination_board_company</key>
	<array>
	<string>of [assassination_board_poster_systemd] Metal Works Incorporated,</string>
	<string>of [assassination_board_poster_systemd] Liquors and Wines Ltd,</string>
	<string>of [assassination_board_poster_systemd] Foam Metals Ltd,</string>
	<string>of [assassination_board_poster_systemd] Farm Machinery Ltd,</string>
	<string>of the Arexeian Broadcasting Corporation,</string>	
	<string>of the Sirius Corporation,</string>
	<string>of the Nakashimi Corporation,</string>
	<string>of Salient Enterprises Ltd,</string>
	<string>of the Rigel Cartel,</string>
	<string>of Ramon Security Ltd,</string>
	<string>of Soin Classic Shipyards,</string>
	<string>of Aegis Secoority,</string>
	<string>of Sirius Cybernetics Incorporated,</string>
	</array>

<key>assassination_board_crime</key>
	<array>
	<string>wanted for</string>
	<string>suspected of</string>
	<string>guilty of</string>
	<string>indicted for</string>
	<string>convicted of</string>
	<string>convicted in absentia of</string>
	<string>charged with</string>
	<string>currently on the run for</string>
	</array>

<key>random_hits_cool_item</key>
	<array>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] foodblender</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] antique flintlock pistol</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] underwear</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] valuable silver surfboard</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] broccoli plant</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] copy of Elite 4</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] rubber chicken</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] finest turnip</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] very well cured Corsicoid cheese</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] unbelievably sharp katana sword</string>
	<string>the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch</string>
	<string>the [assassination_board_poster_systemd]ian Sceptre of Authority</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] copy of the Federal Times</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] copy of the Imperial Herald</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] very funny hat</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] favourite [assassination_board_poster_systemd]ian bowtie</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] compromising piece of underwear</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] chemistry set</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] deadly cream pie</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] collection of bad jokes</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] shipment of hi-tech military hardware</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] copy of Baudelaire's 'Fleurs du Mal'</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] antique copy of Poe's anthology</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] canister of Soholian Plague virus</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] brand new combat computer</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] devilishly ingenious auto-target system</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] prized set of bagpipes</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] bank of Aegis Suprema shield generators</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] brand new 4MW beam laser</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] collection of military missiles</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] original Masamune katana sword</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] fully functional scale model of the Ark of Alliance</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] Playsentient holo-cube</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] top of the range vacuum cleaner</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] bottle of 75% proof puncheon rum</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] treasured mass projectile railgun</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] state of the art laser cooling system</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] beloved asteroid plough</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] prized Valkyrie laser array</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] copy of 'How to Conquer the Ooniverse in 30 Easy Lessons'</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] artificial leg</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] wooden false teeth</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] dead trumble on a spring</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] glow in the dark OmniDeity</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] vibrating pilot's chair</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] pint of Riedquatian Brown Ale</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] sonic screwdriver</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] psychic paper</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] robotic dog</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] Rupert Bear Annual</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] blue and white striped golfing umbrella</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] election manifesto</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] machine that goes 'ping'</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] vulcanized rubber glove</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] stash of medicinal mega-weed</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] Airfix model of [assassination_board_poster_systemd] Station</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] antique Jake Thackray compact disc</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] last will and testament</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] treasured Happy Eye Pulpit Pod</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] sacred relics of the Witchspace Lobster</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] brand new Terascreen</string>
	</array>

<key>random_hits_cool_item2</key>
	<array>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] Bruce Willis clone</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] Chuck Norris clone</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] cute tabby kitten</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] rare albino trumble</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] hard pinching pet lobster</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] libel lawyer</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] lovely looking bodyguard</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] personal fitness instructor</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] favorite accountant</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] cocker spaniel</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] loyal guinea pig</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] pedigree rabbit</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] hard working nurse</string>
	<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] beloved</string>
	</array>

<key>random_hits_cool_item_owner</key>
	<array>
	<string>my</string>
	<string>my daughter's</string>
	<string>my mother's</string>
	<string>my hatchling's</string>
	<string>my uncle's</string>
	<string>my son's</string>
	<string>my cousin's</string>
	<string>my auntie's</string>
	<string>my father's</string>
	<string>my nephew's</string>
	<string>my brother's</string>
	<string>my sister's</string>
	<string>my grandmother's</string>
	<string>my grandfather's</string>
	<string>the [assassination_board_poster_systemd]ian President's</string>
	<string>[assassination_board_poster_titled] [assassination_board_poster_named]'s</string>
	<string>the [assassination_board_poster_systemd]ian Chief Tax Inspector's</string>
	<string>the [assassination_board_poster_systemd]ian Police Chief's</string>
	</array>
Disembodied
Jedi Spam Assassin
Jedi Spam Assassin

Post by Disembodied »

<string>last seen in possesion of an illegal foodblender,</string>
should be
<string>last seen in possession of an illegal foodblender,</string>

<string>and notorious Witchspace Lobster worshiper,</string>
should be
<string>and notorious Witchspace Lobster worshipper,</string>

<string>and strike breaking scab,</string>
should be
<string>and strike-breaking scab,</string>

<string>who eat [random_hits_cool_item2],</string>
should be
<string>who ate [random_hits_cool_item2],</string>

<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] favorite accountant</string>
should be
<string>[random_hits_cool_item_owner] favourite accountant</string>

The Phantom Proofreader strikes again!
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by LittleBear »

Thanks D!

I’ve put a new test alpha up at the box link at the bottom of the post. AIs for the bar and the hunters are done and a lot more stuff is added to descriptions and each bar has an individual name. The code to add the victims is not yet done.

Requires : Oolite 1.69.1 (may work on 1.68 and 1.69 but definitely won’t work on 1.65).

You’d also need the following OXPs installed as bounty hunter patrons of the bars fly ships from these OXPs as well as native ships:-

Aegidian's Specials
Aegidian's X-Ships
Imperial Courier (Version 2)
Marett Space Corporation
Old Ships
Python Class Cruiser
Supercobra
Wolfwood's Variants

The ships stats are the same as normal (i've just liked_shiped and given the custom roles and AIs) but get equipment as suits their pilot’s role and when appearing as characters get new AI and randomly generated hails.

Download link:-

EDIT: Added link:-

http://www.box.net/shared/hes71n9szu
Hoopy
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Hoopy »

Just a thought - making it necessary to have those OXPs installed is going to limit the number of people that play it. For example I don't have any of the extra ship OXPs because I don't want to meet some of the massively powerful ships they have being flown by a lowly pirate. (Although renegades and assassins keep my life interesting!).

So would it be possible to get it to use the OXP ships if they're there but if not use something standard?
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by LittleBear »

For a reasled version I'll C&P the models + textures into this OXP so if you don't play with the OXPs installed then the ships only appear as mission ships. But keeping the download file size down for a test. :wink:
Hoopy
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Hoopy »

fab :)
Arexack_Heretic

You could offer it as a seperate set of 'denaturated' OXPs wich have their vitality(script) removed, as well as have the shiproles not generic 'pirate' etc.
for those that don't want to use the OXP's referenced.
Riding the Rocket!
nijineko
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by nijineko »

wow, that's a lot of crimes. impressive. has anyone ever managed to break all and/or not break any of them?
arukibito ga michi wo erabu no ka, michi ga arukibito wo erabu no deshou ka?

Play games. Win Amazon gift cards! Brag. Repeat.