Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

capitol ship weapons.

An area for discussing new ideas and additions to Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

TGHC
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by TGHC »

You certainly couldn't ebomb a space station, and IIRC the constrictor was also immune.
The Grey Haired Commander has spoken!
OK so I'm a PC user - "you know whats scary? Out of billions of sperm I was the fastest"
Arexack_Heretic
Dangerous Subversive Element
Dangerous Subversive Element
Location: [%H] = Earth surface, Lattitude 52°10'58.19"N, longtitude 4°30'0.25"E.

Post by Arexack_Heretic »

could an E-shielding (or inversely damageFromEnergyBomb) percentage in shipdatas be possible?
Riding the Rocket!
Frame
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Frame »

Helvellyn wrote:
Nope, the original E-bomb definitely wiped out every ship within range (i.e. every ship in the game in the original version, which didn't keep track of anything not in range), apart from the space station and possibly the Constrictor (I'd have to check on that one, but I think I energy bombed it the first time I ever encountered it). I suppose the C64 might've behaved differently, but it seems unlikely.
The C64 behaved differently then... im 100% sure of it :-)... You couldnt waste a Thargoid Invasion Ship with the E-bomb alone. i´m not sure, but pretty sure, that the Anaconda could survive an e bomb blast too...

The only way to prove it though is to load up a C64 emulator and load the game... which im pretty sure aint going to work on my Vista...
Bounty Scanner
Number 935
Capt. James Maladorn
Average
Average

Post by Capt. James Maladorn »

Frame wrote:
The only way to prove it though is to load up a C64 emulator and load the game... which im pretty sure aint going to work on my Vista...
You poor unfortunate soul.
"Always Vigilant"