cargo_carried buggy?

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

cargo_carried buggy?

Post by Eric Walch »

There is bug with the cargo_carried command in shipdata. It is giving wrong results with oolite 1.65 and 1.69.1

I was designing a mission were the player must scoop cargopods in competition wit several NPC ships. Some of the cargopods had scripted cargo, but the others were just random cargopods. In a script you can't just add cargopods by role as they get the wrong scanClass. Please give the Barrel in the next oolite release scanClass: CLASS_CARGO by default instead of none (= scanClass: CLASS_NEUTRAL)

So I added copies of existing barrels to my shipdata and with scanclass CLASS_CARGO and a private role. On using those you don't get any cargo on scooping.

So I added the key cargo_carried and as content computers. This function was added in version 1.63. It works well with containers added by the system, but those added in a private role always say on scooping: captured a slave or captured "slavename". When I however look in inventory, one ton of computers is added and no slaves. And on docking I also get the insurance message of a captured slave.
If I shoot a competing ship that had already scooped some of those containers and get them back I get the same behavior.

I already tried setting "unpiloted" to yes, no and completely removed it.

You can repeat the bug by using Cargo_Wreck_Teaser. That OXP uses the cargo_carried command in the Gemspod and the Goldpod. Both can be invoked by adding a ship with role: Gold or Gemstones. It can be done very nice with the debugMenue.OXP in oolite 1.69.1

EDIT: changed Gems into Gemstones
Last edited by Eric Walch on Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

I don't know in which way that is related, but I can add that the scripted cargo items in cargo wrecks teaser don't work for me and never have in any version. When I scoop them I don't ever get any screen message from the desctiptions.plist, but only something like "Cargopod scooped".
julyy
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by julyy »

Commander McLane wrote:
When I scoop them I don't ever get any screen message from the desctiptions.plist, but only something like "Cargopod scooped".
Yeah, same here!
Arexack_Heretic
Dangerous Subversive Element
Location: [%H] = Earth surface, Lattitude 52°10'58.19"N, longtitude 4°30'0.25"E.

Post by Arexack_Heretic »

:(
You tell me after it has been out for over a year?
Riding the Rocket!
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Arexack_Heretic wrote:
Actually I have told you (or the intested public here on the board) already once or twice long time ago. Don't remember when or where, though. I do remember that somebody (perhaps another_commander?) answered to my post, giving some explanations why it doesn't work. But you didn't react, as far as I recall.
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

Commander McLane wrote:
Arexack_Heretic wrote:
Actually I have told you (or the intested public here on the board) already once or twice long time ago.
Speaking as a recipient of bug reports, telling the interested public does not constitute telling the responsible party.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Ahruman wrote:
Speaking as a recipient of bug reports, telling the interested public does not constitute telling the responsible party.
I know, of course. In the case of A_H however I sort of hoped he would notice.
Arexack_Heretic
Location: [%H] = Earth surface, Lattitude 52°10'58.19"N, longtitude 4°30'0.25"E.

Post by Arexack_Heretic »

I have been very distracted by various things lately. :cry:
Riding the Rocket!