Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Durn keys

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

windrider
Above Average
Above Average

Post by windrider »

I just tried it with no luck.
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

I assume you are using version 1.69.1. Maybe it is a US vs non-US keyboard layout issue. Try editing the keyconfig.plist file in oolite.app\Resources\Config and locate this line:

Code: Select all

key_contract_info			= "?";
(near the end of the file). Change the questionmark to some other unused key (preferably alphabetic, just to be sure), run the game and try to activate the feature again.
windrider
Above Average
Above Average

Post by windrider »

Yes.

My keyconfig.plist is located in: oolite\oolite.app\contents\resources\config

Is this in error?

and key_contract_info was not in the list.

I added it, however it still doesn't like code 63 for the question mark..I used the L (code 108) and that does work.
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

If you are running 1.69.1 and keyconfig.plist is in the path you have specified, then something is not very right. 1.69.1 installs resources directly under oolite.app, without using a Contents directory. Did you perhaps install 1.69.1 on top of an older version without uninstalling the old one first? The recommended way is to always uninstall the previous version before installing a new one. And don't worry about your Addons and saved games folders, these are preserved during the uninstall process.
windrider
Above Average
Above Average

Post by windrider »

No, this was my first install.
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

I am pretty sure that you are running an older version of the game. What is the filename of the installer you used? When run in a window, what is displayed on the window title bar? The latest released version displays "Oolite Version 1.69.1 - Jul 14 2007". If it is 1.69.1 indeed, then I cannot explain how any files could possibly end up under oolite.app/Contents.

In any case, I am glad that the contract info key problem is solved.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

windrider wrote:
My keyconfig.plist is located in: oolite\oolite.app\contents\resources\config

Is this in error?
It's not in error, but nevertheless you shouldn't touch it. I would not recommend changing anything in Oolite.app at all!

There is a copy of the keyconfig.plist in oolite\AddOns\Config. You should only change this one, as it will anyway override anything in the keyconfig.plist in the game itself.

So if a certain key is defined in oolite\AddOns\Config\keyconfig.plist, you can do what you want to oolite\oolite.app\contents\resources\config\keyconfig.plist. The game won't care.
windrider
Above Average
Above Average

Post by windrider »

Nothing your saying is familiar and all the game menubar says is SDL app

Let me go see what I can find....
windrider
Above Average
Above Average

Post by windrider »

I originally downloaded from the website and it's apparently 1.65. I can't find 1.69 at berlios or the website.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

windrider wrote:
Nothing your saying is familiar and all the game menubar says is SDL app

Let me go see what I can find....
I'm not completely sure whether this is said to another_commander or to me.

Anyway, as far as the keyconfig.plist is concerned, there should be a folder named "AddOns" somewhere in your Oolite-distribution. That's the folder you put your OXPs into to make them work. In the AddOns-folder there should be another folder named "Config". And the only item that comes in that Config-folder is a keyconfig.plist. This is the one you should change. It is read by the game after the one you find inside the application. Therefore it will overwrite all the definitions found there.
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Commander McLane wrote:
Anyway, as far as the keyconfig.plist is concerned, there should be a folder named "AddOns" somewhere in your Oolite-distribution. That's the folder you put your OXPs into to make them work. In the AddOns-folder there should be another folder named "Config". And the only item that comes in that Config-folder is a keyconfig.plist.
The above may hold true for the Mac version, but the Windows version comes by default with an empty AddOns folder. The only keyconfig.plist found in Oolite Windows after a fresh install is the one in oolite.app/Resources/Config.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

another_commander wrote:
The above may hold true for the Mac version, but the Windows version comes by default with an empty AddOns folder. The only keyconfig.plist found in Oolite Windows after a fresh install is the one in oolite.app/Resources/Config.
Oh, wasn't aware of that. But then I would suggest c&p'ing it to AddOns/Config and making changes there.