Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

OOlite Wiki - signup?

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

SgtSchultz
Above Average
Above Average

OOlite Wiki - signup?

Post by SgtSchultz »

Ok, dumb question time:

I was recently looking over the Elite Wiki site, and though that I might add a comment or two. To do so, one must "Create an account". Ok, fair enough, so I select the relevant link and am asked to provide a user/pass - as if I were signing in as an existing user. There does not appear to be any link, button or other element that I can select that will let me add myself to the userlist.

Mind you, the edit I had in mind was no big deal - I was simply going to add a note to the Fuel Tank OXP that would point out to noobs (which I am, in a way) that the extra fuel tank is treated by the game as pylon-mounted ordinance (e.g. a missile) and thus must be "fired" using the same rules as for missiles (e.g. select fuel tank "missile", lock on a target, then "fire" the fuel tank to use it).

Is the Elite Wiki signup "closed" to casual users? I can understand if this is the case, simply to avoid spammers. If this is indeed the case, what do I need to do to add myself to the editor's list?
In an ally, considerations of house, clan, planet, race are insignificant besides two prime questions, which are:
1. Can he shoot?
2. Will he aim at your enemy?
- Cantra yos'Phelium
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

Think you have to send Winston a PM to get an account, as you figured due to spam-bots.
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

That must be new. I know that some time ago I just signed up in situ. But indeed, now I don't see how it could be done anymore.
Jack_H
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Jack_H »

The Wiki was being hammered, so Dylan removed the ability to join. As said earlier, give him a PM. I know its annoying, but so its repairing 20 pages a day!
Commander Burton
Competent
Competent

Post by Commander Burton »

Correct.

PM is needed.
Yours,

Cdr Burton
Elite
Since
MCMLXXXIV
SgtSchultz
Above Average
Above Average

Sent PM, no response

Post by SgtSchultz »

I PM'ed Winston shortly after reading the initial responses to my inquiry, but he has yet to respond. Mind you, it's not a big deal, but I was wondering if anyone has seen him around in the past few days (here). I don't want to spam his PMbox if it's just a matter of waiting until the next time he logs in and checks his messages.
In an ally, considerations of house, clan, planet, race are insignificant besides two prime questions, which are:
1. Can he shoot?
2. Will he aim at your enemy?
- Cantra yos'Phelium
TGHC
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by TGHC »

You could try contacting him via the ebbs, if you get no reponse.
The Grey Haired Commander has spoken!
OK so I'm a PC user - "you know whats scary? Out of billions of sperm I was the fastest"
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Sent PM, no response

Post by Commander McLane »

SgtSchultz wrote:
I PM'ed Winston shortly after reading the initial responses to my inquiry, but he has yet to respond. Mind you, it's not a big deal, but I was wondering if anyone has seen him around in the past few days (here). I don't want to spam his PMbox if it's just a matter of waiting until the next time he logs in and checks his messages.
These days Winston checks in only occasionally. You can answer your question yourself by clicking on his user profile (or that of anybody here, for that matter), where you're given the option to find all posts by that user, ordered by posting date. For Winston this reveals that he was last here on Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:03 am (my timezone).