changing keyconfig_main.plist ; changesdoesnt work in oolite

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

jonaath
Average
Average

changing keyconfig_main.plist ; changesdoesnt work in oolite

Post by jonaath »

hi,

another possible stupid question, but i dont seem to be able to change my keys and i cant use some keys now...

have european macbook azerty..

tried to change some values, it didnt change anything in the program,
so tried again, wanted to test, changed the 'p' from pause into 'P', didnt change anything in the program, also tried to change the slower speed 's' into 'x', didnt do anything either, and some more keys i tried...

can anyone help me with this ? cant play it very well without this changing..

thanks !
Cmdr. Maegil
Sword-toting nut-job
Sword-toting nut-job

Post by Cmdr. Maegil »

AZERTY? Oh, poor fellow, I know thy pain... The French and their infamous insistance on doing things their way, leading to anachronisms as calling a byte an "octet" even when the computers are 64 bits and higher!

Anyway, refer to https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?p=35614
You know those who, having been mugged and stabbed, fired, dog run over, house burned down, wife eloped with best friend, daughters becoming prostitutes and their countries invaded - still say that "all is well"?
I'm obviously not one of them.
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

Not sure if there has been a typo in the title, but Oolite reads keyconfig.plist and not keyconfig_main.plist. You may be editing the wrong file.
jonaath
Average
Average

Post by jonaath »

but why isnt it that my file doesnt change , for example i saved the pauze from 'p' into 'P', this is a correct thing no ? but in the program is stays 'p' and isnt changed in 'P', but when i check the keyfile, it is changed and saved to 'P', i dont understand this ...does the program even look into this file or dont i understand ??

i'm sorry, i read all ur info, but i'm not 100 % english speaking, so maybe i miss something
jonaath
Average
Average

Post by jonaath »

oh wait, that can be right !!
jonaath
Average
Average

Post by jonaath »

OKAAAAY, it works,

that happens when u're both a bit intelligent and a bit more stupid, i tried it before, i wanted to keep the original , renamed it, deleted the first try and thought using this one :-)

okay, maybe you have to open a new section for stupid questions from me :-) lol

thanks !

(great game btw)
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

Cmdr. Maegil wrote:
AZERTY? Oh, poor fellow, I know thy pain... The French and their infamous insistance on doing things their way, leading to anachronisms as calling a byte an "octet" even when the computers are 64 bits and higher!
Er, all the 64-bit architectures I know of use eight-bit bytes, so that’s entirely appropriate. There have been systems that used 12-bit and 36-bit bytes, but I think the eight-bit-per-byte concept is sufficiently deeply entrenched in the public consciousness (and programming practice) that it’s likely to remain with us.
Cmdr. Maegil
Sword-toting nut-job
Sword-toting nut-job

Post by Cmdr. Maegil »

Ahnnn... Really?

:oops: Oooops... :oops:

</me goes back to torch-lit cave>
You know those who, having been mugged and stabbed, fired, dog run over, house burned down, wife eloped with best friend, daughters becoming prostitutes and their countries invaded - still say that "all is well"?
I'm obviously not one of them.
Rxke
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Rxke »

offtopic: we Belgians use azerty too :( Yes, even the Dutch speaking part of the country, which doesn't make much sense, come to think of it...
Helvellyn
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Helvellyn »

Yuck, azerty. First thing I did when I got to work in France was reconfigure the keyboard back to something tolerable, and pull as many keys off and put them back on in meaningful positions as possible.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Helvellyn wrote:
Yuck, azerty. First thing I did when I got to work in France was reconfigure the keyboard back to something tolerable, and pull as many keys off and put them back on in meaningful positions as possible.
:D I would've loved to do that, when I was in France recently. They won't let you do something like this in an internet cafe, though... :?