Planet to planet without witchspace

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Captain Hesperus
Grand High Clock-Tower Poobah
Grand High Clock-Tower Poobah

Post by Captain Hesperus »

Disembodied wrote:
You wouldn't have to hide anything: just make a particularly baroque object, like a gigantic asteroid in the shape of your own head. Ooh, with the docking port in the mouth! Some sort of orbital temple... it could beam out hymns and demands for prayer and obedience.
Ah! You are of course referring to the mythical Temple of Gile the Creator. Although none have ever seen it, the ancient manuscripts say that it is an immense asteroid shaped rather like a piece of fruit from the species Malus domestica that has a portion missing from the upper right-hand side. A docking port on the underside supposedly leads to the vast interior where it is written:
Ancient Manuscript Authors wrote:
"The withinmost place of this most hallowed object of the trackless firmament is devoid of all ornament save a single docking platform. Leading from this platform is a walkway of purest gossamer that terminates at a portal. Within the portal lies the hub of the Ooniverse, the seat of Giles' immense power."
Captain Hesperus
The truth, revealed!!
Disembodied
Jedi Spam Assassin
Jedi Spam Assassin

Post by Disembodied »

Captain Hesperus wrote:
Ah! You are of course referring to the mythical Temple of Gile the Creator. Although none have ever seen it, the ancient manuscripts say that it is an immense asteroid shaped rather like a piece of fruit from the species Malus domestica that has a portion missing from the upper right-hand side. A docking port on the underside supposedly leads to the vast interior where it is written:
Ancient Manuscript Authors wrote:
"The withinmost place of this most hallowed object of the trackless firmament is devoid of all ornament save a single docking platform. Leading from this platform is a walkway of purest gossamer that terminates at a portal. Within the portal lies the hub of the Ooniverse, the seat of Giles' immense power."
:D
Presumably as mentioned in Aegidean's Bible...
Last edited by Disembodied on Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

Disembodied wrote:
Captain Hesperus wrote:
Actually the Gas giants all have 'LittleBear done this' written on the back using clouds (and in one case, a system of fjords :wink:)
See, that's the kind of thing I'd do, if I was capable: I don't know how Ahruman resists the temptation to carve his face into the surface of a sun, or scrawl his very name across the Firmament...
Too much work. I’ve got other things to do.
Disembodied wrote:
programmers must spend a lot of time sitting in huge high-backed chairs, cackling.
Mine broke. I currently work from a wooden kitchen chair with some old pillows on it. Donations gratefully accepted…