Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

2 weird things

Discussion and announcements regarding the Mac port… er, original version of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Cmdr James
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Cmdr James »

I think the bigger problem is that you can dock with all kinds of funny stuff like an orb (orb base is it?). Well I say you can, you can get your docking computer to take you in, but it crashed me the time I tried it, not sure if you can get a little ship in the gap. Or a Rock Hermit pirate will still let you dock whilst launching ships to attack you (as long as you dont crash on the way in)

Maybe a better solution would be to have the docking place have two types, an NPC-dock and a player-dock, kind of like there are differrent types of ships? Or give them a role (open|closed).

Then you could set up oxp however the author wants, so thargoids are not dockable (presumably, although, maybe you could have a mission with a renegade, or a nicked one or something?) and other stuff like the behemoth is dockable.

Just thoughts ;)
nijineko
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by nijineko »

yeah, i dropped a qmine right outside of a carrier and scooted for the hinterlands... unfortunately it took out everything in a large radius, behemoths, navy, civillians, and thargoids. the multiple overlapping blast radius' made for a pretty sting of pearls on my radar, but axed my legal status.

oh well, back to the previous save!
arukibito ga michi wo erabu no ka, michi ga arukibito wo erabu no deshou ka?

Play games. Win Amazon gift cards! Brag. Repeat.
ovvldc
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ovvldc »

Which is why they were banned by GalCop in the first place :).