Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

169.1 and oxp's - anything I need to clear?

News and discussion of the PC port of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Wolfwood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wolfwood »

PsychotropicDog wrote:
wolfwoods_variants.oxp --ok, but cobra Rapier, courier, and probably all these variants have a layer of the HUD in the center of screen - it slipped.
Darn, I thought I had fixed that one already... Well, I guess I'll have to download the latest build and make sure...
Author of Tales from the Frontier - official Elite 4 anthology.
Author of Marcan Rayger adventures - unofficial fan-fic novellas set in the Frontier universe.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

PsychotropicDog wrote:
(fix for cargo wrecks worked - though I see a lot of treasuroids now)
Well, you should. That command adds treasuroids.

Anyway it was meant for testing purposes, you can safely take it out.
PsychotropicDog
Above Average
Above Average

Post by PsychotropicDog »

Outrider has a HUD problem as well.

So far marett has not caused any problems, and I have shot a few of the ships.
Testing Falcon.oxp (modified so I can buy one.. eventually)

edit
should be ok besides the firepower they throw at me, though I have started to get Virtual Memory Exhausted - game left unattended - exits.

edit2
phoenix.oxp
played hours until I fragged one, should be ok

AsteroidStorm did the mission, no ugliness in stderr
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

I’ve improved PNG loader error messages to specify which file they’re talking about. So far I’ve seen “Not a PNG file” errors for flamekrait_rear.png and flamekrait_bottom.png in custpaint1.oxp. Closer inspection revealed these to be mislabelled BMP files, which Oolite no longer supports.
PsychotropicDog
Above Average
Above Average

Glad you found a problem with NavyStarships.oxp

https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?t=3722

Note, I have not got an Orb.oxp.
going to leave Kestrel and Merlin out for now.

transports.oxp I have seen a few with no stderr messages, maybe I should shoot some - seems ok, but I have not seen a Moray Transport yet, for some reason this vaguely reminds me of something I saw in stderr but did not save :(
'probably ok'

testing behemoth

edit
got this again, but easily a half hour before I actually saw a behemoth.

Code: Select all

2007-07-18 13:08:01.000 oolite.exe[3176] [exception]: ***** Exception during during update:entity in [Universe update:] : NSInvalidArgumentException : SkyEntity(instance) does not recognize primaryTarget *****
2007-07-18 13:08:01.000 oolite.exe[3176] *** NSTimer ignoring exception 'NSInvalidArgumentException' (reason 'SkyEntity(instance) does not recognize primaryTarget') raised during posting of timer with target 0x1258d70 and selector 'performGameTick:'
just thought I'd mention it.
I am determined to land in a behemoth - I sort of left a cobra stain on my first try.
PsychotropicDog
Above Average
Above Average

I have had no problems with the following...

Executive Spaceways v2.1.oxp
Outrider.oxp
Taranis.oxp (needs Outrider)
cobraclipperPC.oxp

Ore_processor.oxp
leaves a bunch of messages that are probably normal
(and I finally discovered scooping splinters lol)
lolwhites
Deadly
Deadly

Post by lolwhites »

Is it safe to play this version while doing Assassins?
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

Not the current version. The 1.3 that I'm playtesting now seems OK with 1.69.1 (I can PM you a new script if you like). However, the setspecificplanetinfo: is still broken on PC 1.69.1 though!.

In the 1.3 script I've cunningly set the setspecificplanetinfo: command last in all dos though. So the OXP will work. It just means on the PC the descriptions on planets won't change as stuff happens. This isn't a biggy though. It just mean on the PC when the Thargoids invade system X, the description of system X won't change to say "Commander are advised to avoid this system as it is under Thargoid attack". The OXP will still run with all features though. The Bugs will still be there and you can play all the missions, you'll just miss out on a bit of polish to the system description on the F7 screen. The 1.3 version does stop the looping bug! :wink:
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
lolwhites
Deadly
Deadly

Post by lolwhites »

Thanks for the offer. I think I'll stick with the current version on 1.65 for the time being.