Not Seeing results from OXP's

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Kliest
Poor
Poor

Not Seeing results from OXP's

Post by Kliest »

I have loaded up quite a few OXP's and see lots of new craft in the game, but two OXP's that I had high hopes for.... nothing

One is the M-Packs rusty ships.... I have not see one.
The other is the fuel tank oxp... I have not seen any sign of that either....

On those two oxp's is there a 'trigger'?

Thanks
Kliest
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

Make sure the folder ending .oxp is in AddOns. When you unzip a download it'll create a file such as "AssassinsV1.2" you'll need to open this folder and move the folder "Assassins.oxp" into AddOn. Otherwise Oolite won't read it.

You need to be a planet with a certain tech level AND have empty missile pylons for the fuel pod to be offered in Shipyard. If the tech level is too low then it won't be offred. Even at a Tech 15, it won't be offered if all your pylons are full. You'd need to sell your missiles first.

There's no trigger as such, but if you load lots of OXPs then each ship indiviually is rarer. Oolite will "deal" a ceratin number of ships into a shipyard. If you have 1 OXP installed then the "rusty python" (for example) is one of 20 odd cards in the pack. With all the OXPs installed then its one of 200 odd cards!
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
TGHC
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by TGHC »

Make sure you have a missile bay empty otherwise you won't be offered a spare fuel tank, the sam applies for a Q mine.
The Grey Haired Commander has spoken!
OK so I'm a PC user - "you know whats scary? Out of billions of sperm I was the fastest"
Kliest
Poor
Poor

Post by Kliest »

Yup. That was it.. I had upzipped all the oxp and placed them in the add-ons directory, but had not moved the .oxp folders...

Thanks
Kliest
nijineko
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by nijineko »

seriously newb question. ^^ oxp folders? i don't think any folders with .oxp on them were unzipped with the mac version. did i just ignorantly mess something up?
arukibito ga michi wo erabu no ka, michi ga arukibito wo erabu no deshou ka?

Play games. Win Amazon gift cards! Brag. Repeat.
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

OXPs are directories, but under OS X, they’re not folders but packages, which look like normal documents. (This is also true of applications, among other things.)
nijineko
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by nijineko »

ah, i had noticed that they were packages-sorry had a brain space out. ^^ thanks.
arukibito ga michi wo erabu no ka, michi ga arukibito wo erabu no deshou ka?

Play games. Win Amazon gift cards! Brag. Repeat.