Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Chestnut Number 2

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Robbeasy
Above Average
Above Average

Chestnut Number 2

Post by Robbeasy »

OK, so I'm a bit new to all this..... :oops:

Ship oxps - is there a limit??

Only after loading up a certain amount of them I can't access the Ships for sale screen.....
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

There shouldn’t be. Define “can’t access”, though. The way the game works is to generate random ships, then filter out the ones whose tech levels are too high. If you have lots of high-tech ships installed, the shipyard will be empty on low-tech planets.
Robbeasy
Above Average
Above Average

Post by Robbeasy »

nope - not different ones becoming available , i've been expecting that.

I had a save game at a high tech world - been adding oxps one by one, then loading up the save game to see if the ship oxp is working...been going fine, new ships appearing at the shipyard as i load them up.

Until i get to a certain point, then the shipyard screen just wont appear - i dont know exactly how many ships cos i havent counted yet... :lol:
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

Have you looked at the log? Also, which particular OXP are you adding when this happens?
Robbeasy
Above Average
Above Average

Post by Robbeasy »

sorry - log?? (told you i was a noob)

as for which one - its any ship one. I can add mission oxps or anything apart from ship ones - its only those that stop the screen appearing, and i tried several different ship oxps with the same result every time
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

Under Mac OS X, the log is found in ~/Library/Logs/Oolite/Latest.log as of 1.69.1.
Under Windows, it is typically found at C:\Program Files\Oolite\oolite.app\stderr.txt. If you’ve installed somewhere other than C:\Program Files\Oolite, the path will be different.
Under Linux, I’m not entirely sure where it ends up. Anyone? (This could probably do with a wiki page, although a bit less terse than here.)
chaos syndrome
Above Average
Above Average

Post by chaos syndrome »

Do you have space dredgers installed? For me, it prevented access to the shipyard in high-tech systems. (Using Linux v1.65)
nijineko
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by nijineko »

is that the dredger.oxp or the dredgers.oxp one? i found one of each, and have them both in the addons folder.
arukibito ga michi wo erabu no ka, michi ga arukibito wo erabu no deshou ka?

Play games. Win Amazon gift cards! Brag. Repeat.
chaos syndrome
Above Average
Above Average

Post by chaos syndrome »

nijineko
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by nijineko »

i haven't had any trouble with that one yet. (not that i know of, anyway.) well, unless you count it's tendancy to be doing loop-de-loops while you are trying to dock.... that makes docking a matter of lining yourself up, and charging in at high speed, while hoping your angle is right and you can get in the dock before hitting the sides.... ^^
arukibito ga michi wo erabu no ka, michi ga arukibito wo erabu no deshou ka?

Play games. Win Amazon gift cards! Brag. Repeat.