Once more into stupid Question territory....

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Robbeasy
Above Average
Above Average

Once more into stupid Question territory....

Post by Robbeasy »

Sorry to be a pain folks.... one more thing, then I'll shut up......my advanced compass appears to have stopped working...

key config has it as "\\". Is this right????

also, while we're here, the keyconfig also says 'kay_advanced_nav_array' instead of 'key_advanced.....'

i take it this might not help matters??
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Re: Once more into stupid Question territory....

Post by JensAyton »

Robbeasy wrote:
key config has it as "\". Is this right?
Yes, this is correct. \ is used as an “escape” character for special characters in C-derived languages, including the OpenStep property list format used for keyconfig.plist. For example, if you wanted to use " as a key, the correct form would be: """. Being the escape character makes \ a special character that needs to be escaped with the escape character.

Or, to put it differently: for technical reasons, the character \ must be written “\\” in this context.

That aside, extraneous characters will simply be ignored.
Robbeasy wrote:
also, while we're here, the keyconfig also says 'kay_advanced_nav_array' instead of 'key_advanced.....'
“kay_advanced_nav_array” is indeed the correct key for this key. Correct spelling support will be a feature of future versions of Oolite.
davcefai
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by davcefai »

Your advanced compass might have been damaged in a fight. You can get it repaired at a planet with the required tech level.

To see if it is damaged examine your save file with a text editor. It will have _Damaged appended to the name key.
TGHC
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by TGHC »

@Robeasy

Don't worry about asking questions, this is a friendly board, and you'll normally get a pretty rapid response.

Good hunting!
The Grey Haired Commander has spoken!
OK so I'm a PC user - "you know whats scary? Out of billions of sperm I was the fastest"