New development release - 1.69

For discussion of ports to POSIX based systems, especially using GNUStep.

Moderators: another_commander, winston, Getafix

winston
Pirate
Pirate

New development release - 1.69

Post by winston »

1.69-dev1 is now available for Linux as an autopackage and a tarball. As always, the autopackage is the recommended installation method.

To get it:

ftp://ftp.alioth.net/oolite/oolite-1.69 ... 86.package
http://developer.berlios.de/project/sho ... se_id=7424
rsync://rsync.alioth.net/oolite/dev/Linux-x86

(rsync users should do it in the oolite top level - i.e. where you see the oolite.app and oolite-deps directories).

Note that I've only been able to test on my build machine, which runs Fedora 7. Some dependencies have come and gone since the last version of Oolite so please report problems on this thread.
Last edited by winston on Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deus
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post by Deus »

Is a package (rpm) will ever be for x86_64 (amd64) architecture?
It was very complicated to me build from source... May be some1 already did it for openSUSE 10.2?
lolwhites
Deadly
Deadly

Post by lolwhites »

Since I'm still doing Assassins, should I try out his version or avoid fo rnow? LittleBear said something about some versions not paying people for missions completed.
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

The thread is here:-

https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.ph ... s&start=15

Death_Actions and AwardCredits were broken on 1.69, but this was fixed by 1.69.1. You can't really play any mission on 1.69 as pretty much every mission is gona involve killing somthing or paying the player for doing somthing. For an OXP like Assassins that pays you for killing folks, this was a bit of a problem. :wink:

If 1.69.1 is not available for Unix yet, then suggest using 1.68. Assassins (v1.3) will run on 1.68, its just that the descriptions of systems won't change when you do stuff that changes the Univervise. You would still be able to play all the missions on 1.68 but you'd miss the satisfaction of your actions and your NPC allies (fighting for the rebels say), changing the system from a dictaorship to a democracy. 1.65 is still fine with Assassins.
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.