Planitary and Galactic OXPs?

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Does the basic idea presented here sound good to you?

Yes
91%
No
9%
I have no opinion
No votes

Total votes: 11

Keyes
Average
Average
Location: a small blue green planet with primative life forms who think jet fighter are state of the art

Planitary and Galactic OXPs?

Post by Keyes »

Hi, recently I got an idea for a 27 mission campaign revolving around the three human empires, the Thargoids and an alien race that I have come up with, all finding a new "galaxy" populated by about 70 planets. So what I'm asking is: Is it possible to create new systems, and on top of that, new galaxies?
I don't get mad, I get Q-Mine!
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

Welcome to the Boards!

Basically you cannot create new systems, but you can modify every system in any way you like. G8 virginal teritory, so if you wanted to modify G8 for new missions that would be really cool. Assassins modifies G7 so if there was a big mission pack to play in G8 that would follow on nicely!

Can't wait to play it!
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
Selezen
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Selezen »

Actually, wityh a little work you can create a new system. You can use the ability to create planets, moons and suns to create your own little microverse betwen two existing systems.

Once created (using planetinfo.plist) you can get there by going to one of the planets it's betwee, setting the hyperdrive for the other one and misjumping.

Have a look on the wiki for more.
Arexack_Heretic
Dangerous Subversive Element
Location: [%H] = Earth surface, Lattitude 52°10'58.19"N, longtitude 4°30'0.25"E.

Post by Arexack_Heretic »

PLease specify a link Slez.

AFAIK you can only addPlanet and addMoon(which has no atmosphere effect)
Searching board I can only find a request for an addSun Method (assasins thread).
Riding the Rocket!
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

Link is here. http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/Planetinfo.plist. As Slez says, you can add a system to a point in interstella space but you cannot add a sun. Its not something I've tried, but the other problem might be that the game would treat this point as planet number -1 and so populate it with Behemoths, Thargoids etc, which might not be what you want.

However, as you can change everything about an existing system (even the name), the scope for modding is pretty vast. Eg If you wanted you could change Lave to "Sol" add all the moons and planets in the real solar system, even add asteroid belts in the right places, change the Main Station to a model of the internation space station etc, add more stations to orbit your new planets and moons, Whatever you like really!
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
Arexack_Heretic
Location: [%H] = Earth surface, Lattitude 52°10'58.19"N, longtitude 4°30'0.25"E.

Post by Arexack_Heretic »

sendAllShipsAway method (used in Nova-mission) gets rid of all systemships.
Riding the Rocket!
Selezen
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Selezen »

Ah, sorry - I knew I had heard about an AddSun method, but was unsure if it was implemented.

So near, yet so far.
Keyes
Average
Average
Location: a small blue green planet with primative life forms who think jet fighter are state of the art

Post by Keyes »

Ok, Thank you guys for your help, now, off to start a major war I go.
I don't get mad, I get Q-Mine!