Ionics missions - spoiler

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

ThyroidBugz
Average
Average

Ionics missions - spoiler

Post by ThyroidBugz »

I installed the Ionics and ThargoidWars OXPs shortly before landing at Zaria, on arrival the mission text I get is from ThargoidWars concerning spy sattelites. No mention of Ionics mission. In my save game:

Code: Select all

<key>mission_ionics</key>
		<string>PRE_STAGE1</string>
		<key>mission_ionics_ramaza_status</key>
		<string>RLF_1</string>
Do I need to delete something or reload savegame/OXP?
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Ionics and ThargoidWars can't be played at the same time, because both bring up mission screens, but only one of the screens will be displayed. So you can miss a mission briefing (as has happened to you already). This is the much-discussed "conflicting mission screens problem" and we can't do much about it.

The solution has two steps:

1) Uninstall ThargoidWars until you have finished Ionics.

2) In your save file delete the code you have copied in your post. To be precise: You need to delete all <key>mission_ionics_something</key> lines together with the following <string>something</string> lines.

Then restart your game and land at Zaria again. Now you are playing Ionics only and will get all the relevant mission screens.

P.S.: Military.oxp--as long as you haven't finished it--conflicts with Ionics in the same way as ThargoidWars, so you should uninstall it as well, if you have installed it.
ThyroidBugz
Average
Average

Post by ThyroidBugz »

Many thanks!