lovecats mission?

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Naz
Average
Average

lovecats mission?

Post by Naz »

how does lovecats mission start?
done the constrictor, done nova, im in galaxy 4 and have been to gebiisson but no hint of a mission.
the file was called "Lovecats.oxp_" so i changed it to "lovecats.oxp" but still no joy. help anyone??? :shock:
Never tell me the odds!!
Uncle Reno
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Uncle Reno »

SPOILERS!

Well, Love Cats won't start at Gebiisson. The mission will start once you are docked at any planet numbered 144 or higher on this list from the Wiki.

/SPOILERS!
"Get back or I unleash my lethal spotted batoid!!"

What I do when not reading the Oolite bulletin board!
Naz
Average
Average

Post by Naz »

Thanks again Reno, although i think the underscore had to be removed from the file as i was at this planet before and nothing happened then. :wink: anywayz...missions runnin!!
Never tell me the odds!!
Uncle Reno
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Uncle Reno »

No problem (again :wink: ). Yes, the underscore would have to be removed as I would assume that Oolite wouldn't recognise the OXP as anything it had to act on with it there.
"Get back or I unleash my lethal spotted batoid!!"

What I do when not reading the Oolite bulletin board!
Naz
Average
Average

Post by Naz »

ok lovecats.. i took the alien chick to Isqueder and got her cash...then a newsflash about a civil war.... but where next??? is it over?? :?
Never tell me the odds!!
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

If you are the proud owner of a "a pair of ceremonial claws", then lovecats is complete (and you might want to head to G7 and play Assassins! :wink: ). If not hang out in G4 for a bit.
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
Naz
Average
Average

Post by Naz »

well...after capturing velerans brat and then transportin some cat to her planet...i got the news flash. now hangin out in g4.... valerans hunters are roamin in teance but wot now... shall i waste em? do i head to gebisso again? ...i could do with a big hint!! :lol:
Never tell me the odds!!
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

Oolie / Elite is open ended!

You could waste the cats (there is still more to do if you want) and defenatley move about in G4 if you like. Or go to a new galaxy (like 7) hint!
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
TGHC
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by TGHC »

LittleBear wrote:
Or go to a new galaxy (like 7) hint!
That's for a completely different mission called Assassins (and it's a biggy)
The Grey Haired Commander has spoken!
OK so I'm a PC user - "you know whats scary? Out of billions of sperm I was the fastest"
Naz
Average
Average

Post by Naz »

where are the cats to waste....do u mean valerisians hunters? :(
Never tell me the odds!!
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by LittleBear »

Think you've finished it!

As I remeber there are two main missions and lovecats finishes with taking the girl cat somewhere. Sorry been a while since a played it and had to check the code!

If you've not already installed it, install Deposed.oxp (thats a big set of missions in G4). If you've done with that one, then the next mission pack is Assassins in G7. But stop off in G5 and get yourself a cloak! :wink:
Naz
Average
Average

Post by Naz »

Thanks Bear, it sez u need 1700 kills for Deposed and ive got about 900!!
think ill waste another 100 ships an do the Military! :lol:
Never tell me the odds!!
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by LittleBear »

Although its a bit of a treck, if you're low on kills you might want to head back to G1, as theres a load of missions to do there. You can play and finish Military in any Galaxy and can do it whilst your playing others.

Assassins needs 200 to start, but you'd need a Guild Rating of "Death's Master" and 3,000 kills to qualify for the last mission. Suggest you save this pack until last!