Keyboard layout

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

United Blobs
Competent
Competent

Keyboard layout

Post by United Blobs »

I'm trying to change the keyboard layout to move all the movement keys (i.e. roll, pitch and yaw) to the number pad. Unfortunately I can't find a table of what keys are mapped to which keycodes. Can anybody help?
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

That depends on your system as well.

Oolite used to come (at least the Mac version) with a nice small extra program called "Oolite Keymapper". Running that program you can just press your favorite key for every action and in the end it automatically creates a keyconfig.plist.

The Keymapper is somewhat outdated, because there are some new functions (like yaw) for which it doesn't ask a keystroke. Anyway it is very helpful. If you just press the same key for every action and then have a look into the keyconfig.plist in the same folder you can easily see the the code for that key.
United Blobs
Competent
Competent

Post by United Blobs »

I'm on a PC so I don't believe I have that program.
Uncle Reno
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Keyboard layout

Post by Uncle Reno »

United Blobs wrote:
I'm trying to change the keyboard layout to move all the movement keys (i.e. roll, pitch and yaw) to the number pad. Unfortunately I can't find a table of what keys are mapped to which keycodes. Can anybody help?
http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/Oolite ... d_Controls but the yaw controls haven't been added yet.
"Get back or I unleash my lethal spotted batoid!!"

What I do when not reading the Oolite bulletin board!
United Blobs
Competent
Competent

Post by United Blobs »

I've seen that link but I'm trying to reassign the keys to ones not already used. I know that the alphanumeric characters use their ASCII values but I can't find anywhere that gives the codes needed to use the number pad (e.g. the code for End)
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

End, Page Up and Page Down are not available. The actual number pad keys use the same codes as the normal number keys, which have hard-coded meanings.

This is not ideal, but fixing it is not a priority for me at this moment.