Reset to strict mode problem

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Captain Hesperus
Grand High Clock-Tower Poobah

Reset to strict mode problem

Post by Captain Hesperus »

I've just encountered this, I'm using a commander in G3 doing the Orzaedve-Zarevees trade route (extremely profitable and good for the Eilte rating) and putting Selezen's Mk.II Imperial Courier through it's paces (yum, yum!). I get through to Zarevees station, sell my cargo and just prior to buying for the return run, I go to the F2 screen to save. I select Save Commander then....

It freezes for a mo, then the start up screen (spinning Coriolis) comes up, telling me that Strict Mode is active and Press Space Commander. I Press Space Commander and find not my 730kCr, 1018 kill Dangerous Courier-flying Commander Raven, but a 100Cr, 0 kill Harmless Cobra Mk. III-flying Commander Jameson!!!

WTF?

It's happened a couple of times now, and each time I reload Commander Raven, he's still docked at Orzaedve with his (lovely, lovely) Courier and fat bank balance.

I haven't dared loading up other Commanders until I know this won't corrupt poor old Captain Hesperus' savefile.

Anyone have a clue?
I'm running Oolite V.1.68 on WinXP sp2 with a shedload of OXP's the most recent of which installed is Selezen's IC update.

Captain Hesperus
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

Think that ones been around for a while (attempt to save and Oolite won't have it, crashes to Strick play). I've had that happen on 1.65 and before.

Happened to me over a year ago playing the Thargoid Plans Mission:-

https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.ph ... goid+plans

Only workaround I found was to save as Jameson1, Jameson2, Jameson3 etc rather than overwriting Jameson every time. And save at every docking. If the bug struck Jameson3, load up Jameson2 re-run the trade route and save as Jameson4. Ok you lose the money /kills made since the last docking but not the end of the world.

Once it strikes though I think that Commander has had it and Oolite will always refuse to save with that Commader.[/url]
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
Captain Hesperus

Success!
I've resurrected the infamous Commander Raven!
Simply, I opened the savefile, deleted the v from the name in the <string>player-name</string>, making him Raen. I saved it as Raen.oolite-save, opened Oolite, opened Raen then saved as Raven.

Rock and roll!

Captain Hesperus
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

Do you happen to have a copy of the broken version?
Captain Hesperus

Ahruman wrote:
Do you happen to have a copy of the broken version?
Unfortunately not, but should it happen again, I'll send you one. :)

Captain Hesperus