Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Problems with V1.68

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Cos
Dangerous
Dangerous

Problems with V1.68

Post by Cos »

Has anybody experienced problems with 1.68. Mine seems to crash at certain stations and I then cant get back in unless I swith off my Pc and start again. I like what 1.68 gives but if this keeps up I'm going to have to go back to something that I know works.

Cos :( :(
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

There should be a file called stderr.txt in your oolite.app folder. Can you please post the first 50 and last 50 lines from it? Also, what are your system specs?
Cos
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Cos »

Hi, I've looked through the apps folder and I cant find it?

Cos
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

The file stderr.txt is created every time you run Oolite. Assuming that you have installed the game in C:\Oolite, then you will need to look at the folder C:\Oolite\oolite.app. In that folder you should see the subfolders Resources, GNUstep and oolite-saves (if you have saved any games), lots of dlls, the oolite.exe file and the stderr.txt.

If you don't have stderr.txt in there, then something is very wrong.
What are your system specs?
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

OK, just checked it and it looks like, in the released version, stderr.txt gets dumped in the main Oolite folder instead of oolite.app. Sorry, for the false instructions above, my bad. So Cos, check your Oolite main folder for stderr.txt and post the first 50 and last 50 lines from it. Maybe there is a clue in there of what might be going wrong.