The Iguana

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Captain Hesperus
Grand High Clock-Tower Poobah
Grand High Clock-Tower Poobah

The Iguana

Post by Captain Hesperus »

Did anyone know that this fearsome two-gunned ship actually has frangible lasers?!?! I just got in a head-to-head with one and happened to hit one of its laser 'barrels'. The barrel exploded (kudos to Ahruman et al for the lovely explosion effects!) and all of a sudden, I'm not facing a pair of beam lasers any more, just one. Rightly enthused, I chased it and actually shot off the other one, then slowed down and let it loop back to attack me. Sure enough it cruised past me without firing a shot then WFI'ed into the deep dark yonder (I'd expended all my fuel :( ). I'm now gonna test see if Wolf Mk. IIs also have this interesting feature :twisted:

Captain Hesperus
Cmdr. Maegil
Sword-toting nut-job
Sword-toting nut-job

Post by Cmdr. Maegil »

If you take the fight away from the lane before the opponent tries to flee you can chase the WFI'ing ship with you jump drive until it runs out of fuel.
You know those who, having been mugged and stabbed, fired, dog run over, house burned down, wife eloped with best friend, daughters becoming prostitutes and their countries invaded - still say that "all is well"?
I'm obviously not one of them.
Killer Wolf
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Killer Wolf »

the Wolfs do. had a few barneys w/ Iguanas, never noticed them being frangible like, have to hunt one down and shoot it up a bit :-)