Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

It lives!

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

If svn cannot be found, it is most likely not in the current path. Without being able to test it, since my setup is quite different to what the wiki mentions as default, I would add the path to the svn/bin folder to the export PATH command. So, you may want to change the line marked below (taken from the wiki instructions)

Code: Select all

Start the GNUstep command line (Start -> Programs -> GNUstep Development -> MSYS for GNUstep) and issue the following commands: 
cd $GNUSTEP_LOCAL_ROOT 
export PATH=$PATH:$GNUSTEP_LOCAL_ROOT/bin     <------- This line here
mkdir oolite 
cd oolite 
svn checkout svn://svn.berlios.de/oolite-linux/trunk 
cd trunk 
make
to

Code: Select all

export PATH=$PATH:$GNUSTEP_LOCAL_ROOT/bin:[Path to Subversion folder]/bin
Hope this works for you.
dajt
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by dajt »

Yes, I've had to do the same thing on my laptop. I didn't have to on the old one though. I think the svn installer I used before must have automatically added the svn/bin folder to my path, whereas the new one didn't.

In related news my new laptop has all the OpenGL extensions required to run Giles' shader code and I've done a build to confirm it works. When I get time to clean up the code I will check it in and then do a build next time Ahruman releases one for the Mac.
Regards,
David Taylor.
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

Right… having worked out that paths of the form /C/foo can be used, despite C not showing up in ls /, this wasn’t a big problem. Just my brain not functioning earlier. :-)

By default I believe the correct path will be "/C/Program\ Files/Subversion/bin", but I’ve got a furrin version of Windows so I’ll leave that for someone else to confirm.

Looks like I'll be able to share my normal Oolite checkout, even. Woo.
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

For the newly-released version 1.68, the Spiffy Log System[TM] is now controlled in the obvious (by Oolite) manner: copies of logcontrol.plist can be placed wherever you put your OXPs, and will be merged into the built-in one. This works on all platforms.