Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

autodock skip sequence disabled

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

tadster
Average
Average

autodock skip sequence disabled

Post by tadster »

Hi, this is my first post on these forums. Let me preface it by saying that I spent a lot of time playing Elite Plus as a child (American, too!). I loved that game like no other. Rediscovering it as Oolite has been immensely satisfying. I'm enjoying the bonus materials a great deal.

So far I have been focusing on trading purely. I eventually earned enough to buy a Python and I basically make milk runs. Right now, I have 50k credits in the bank (not bad considering I started 2 days ago!) and I am presently considering buying a battle capable ship again (the python just doesn't cut it).

Anyway, I bought some docking computers just now. I figured it would speed things up a bit (I literally race system to system selling 115 tc each time). Yes, I love witch injectors--they make docking a lot of fun. High speed kamikaze docking! Anyway, I figure if I had the docking computers, I could just press shift-D and be in the station that much quicker. But it doesn't work. C starts the docking process and s disables the music. But shift-D does nothing.

A look at keyconfig.plist reveals exactly that:
<key>key_autodock</key>
<integer>68</integer>
<key>key_docking_music</key>
<integer>115</integer>

Unfortunately, the "skip docking sequence/engage hypno sleep" or whatever it must be called is missing ("dock" is only in the two entries above). I wanted to know if anyone can tell me what the name of it is so I can add it to my keyconfig file.

I'm running Oolite 1.65 on Ubuntu linux with Nvidia drivers if you'd like to know :)

Thanks for reading my introduction!
Rxke
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Rxke »

Hi there, and welcome to the boards :)

Not sure this' ll help, but I've got "key_autopilot" = 99; as the very first entry.
tadster
Average
Average

Post by tadster »

hi, thanks for the reply. Yes, I have that, too. Is that supposed to initiate the auto docking skip sequence (instant dock)?

thanks
Rxke
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Rxke »

I really don't know, to be honest :oops:
United Blobs
Competent
Competent

Post by United Blobs »

I'm not sure if this is right but...

I believe the numbers referenced are the ASCII codes for the keys pressed. This gives key_autodock as D (i.e. SHIFT+d) so the shortcut is correctly in your system. Not sure why it isn't though.
tadster
Average
Average

Post by tadster »

OK, this was my fault. shift+d (D) does work. Previously, I was initiating auto dock sequence and trying to instant dock afterwards (that is, press c first, then try D).

Now I'm flying fast.

Thanks
reills
Deadly
Deadly

Post by reills »

Made the same mistake myself initially.