Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Keys not configured in keylist.plist

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

ebw
Above Average
Above Average

Keys not configured in keylist.plist

Post by ebw »

There are a few keys not obviously configured in keylist.plist

for example

M -- toggle mouse controtl

C -- dock to non station dockable thingy's

is there a possibility to remap those keys?
Magus Zeal
Above Average
Above Average

Post by Magus Zeal »

Those are capital letters. Try targeting the item then pressing shift + c.
ebw
Above Average
Above Average

Post by ebw »

Yes, and I can access those fucntions, but I would like to have them on other keys.
Magus Zeal
Above Average
Above Average

Post by Magus Zeal »

Then, pray tell, what's to keep you from re-defining them?
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

One simple thing: you would have to know their definition (ther name in keyconfig.plist). And that seems non-trivial, as they are NOT defined in the original keyconfig.plist inside the app/exe.

So would anybody know the names/definitions of the TOGGLE MOUSE- and the AUTOPILOT TO NON MAIN STATION-keys?

If you know those, then you just have to open the keyconfig.plist inside the config-folder inside your addons-folder, add those two commands in the same style as the commands you see there and give it any ASCII-value you want.
Killer Wolf
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Killer Wolf »

i took the "dump cargo" option outta mine cos i was sick of hitting D in the heat of combat, but i'm STILL dropping the odd canister - is there maybe some CTRL+D option or something i've overlooked?
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Have you taken it out of the keyconfig.plist within the exe/app? Because all other keyconfigs only would replace what's written there. And if there is no replacement Oolite uses the default key it finds in the original keyconfig.
dajt
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by dajt »

Additionally, Oolite will use the default key defined in the source code if the key isn't redefined in keyconfig.plist.

So you can't disable any functions, just map them to keys that are hard to press if you don't want them.
Regards,
David Taylor.
Magus Zeal
Above Average
Above Average

Post by Magus Zeal »

Killer Wolf wrote:
i took the "dump cargo" option outta mine cos i was sick of hitting D in the heat of combat, but i'm STILL dropping the odd canister - is there maybe some CTRL+D option or something i've overlooked?
I had a few problems of that in the beginning, but quickly got over it. Being a FPS gamer you get used to the WASD layout very quickly, and I kept on using those keys to move, only to accidentally fire or dump cargo.

Hmm...
Cmdr. Maegil
Sword-toting nut-job
Sword-toting nut-job

Post by Cmdr. Maegil »

Could you provide an idiot-proof, step-by-step how-to? The D eject IS too close. And, for that matter, the missile launch is across the keyboard...
biffa
Above Average
Above Average

Post by biffa »

hi everyone
i seem to be having some trouble to with the key config,i changed this:
<key>key_next_compass_mode</key>
<integer>126</integer>
and now the compass wont work(no togle).for planet to sun and space station.also i bought the imperial courier and the laser is not hitting the middle of the cross hair target? i tried different lasers etc still the same.anyone any idea what i might have messed up?i didnt change anything else that i know of so im kinda puzzled here..thanks
Uncle Reno
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Uncle Reno »

biffa wrote:
also i bought the imperial courier and the laser is not hitting the middle of the cross hair target? i tried different lasers etc still the same.anyone any idea what i might have messed up?i didnt change anything else that i know of so im kinda puzzled here..thanks
Hi biffa,
What version of Oolite are you running? If it's 1.67 then that is a known issue which has/should be corrected by 1.67.1. Otherwise, I don't know of an issue like that with the Courier. How about buying another ship to see if it affects that one, just don't overwrite your saved game! :wink:
"Get back or I unleash my lethal spotted batoid!!"

What I do when not reading the Oolite bulletin board!