Pilot Model

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Sung
Dangerous
Dangerous

Pilot Model

Post by Sung »

Does anybody had an idea how it can work to pull out a pilot mesh after the explode of a ship? I had made a model, 1 thargoid, 1 human that i want to blow away with the debris.
Killer Wolf
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Killer Wolf »

work it out yourself mate.
Last edited by Killer Wolf on Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arexack_Heretic
Dangerous Subversive Element
Dangerous Subversive Element
Location: [%H] = Earth surface, Lattitude 52°10'58.19"N, longtitude 4°30'0.25"E.

Post by Arexack_Heretic »

yup that is it.
Also a good way is for it to be EjectItem-ed.

Alternatively give it the role 'alloys', but then they are not race/ship specific in occurarance.
Riding the Rocket!
Rxke
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Rxke »

I don't understand you Sung.

You obviously don't want to be part of, or contributng to this community any longer, yet you have the nerve to come here to ask questions so you can privately build your own version of Oolite.

You seriously expect us to give you advice after what happened, the way you behaved? :?
Captain Hesperus
Grand High Clock-Tower Poobah
Grand High Clock-Tower Poobah

Post by Captain Hesperus »

Rxke wrote:

You obviously don't want to be part of, or contributng to this community any longer, yet you have the nerve to come here to ask questions so you can privately build your own version of Oolite.

You seriously expect us to give you advice after what happened, the way you behaved? :?
I have to agree. Sung, you have the nerve to accuse someone of stealing your textures, refuse to acknowledge their apologies and go off. You've caused a lot of disharmony and stress in what was an easy-going and supportive community (including causing several master OXPers to seriously consider if they should remain contributers) and now you reappear and expect to be welcomed back and supported, only to announce that you're going to rip off Oolite in Germany (for profit maybe?) and you are trying to gather supporters for your private project!

I'm sorry, but Ahruman, if anything constitutes grounds for account deletion, it's this.

<Ka-chik> BOOOOOOOMMMMM!!

Captain Hesperus
"Words can't describe."
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

Sung has the right to distribute his own work under whatever terms he chooses, and as much right to ask polite questions here as anyone else. Everyone else has the right to ignore him if they wish; at the moment, I’m only seeing questionable behaviour from other people.

That being said, it has come to my attention that at least two of Sung’s textures – asp_redux.png and qbomb.png – are in fact derivative works and may only be distributed under the original license, viz., the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.0 license, in the absence of explicit permission from the creator of the original, i.e. Giles Williams. (In this case, attribution would be due to both Giles and Sung.) However, given that the development team (including Giles) have agreed to distribute future versions under the GPL, and the distribution of Sungs textures I have includes a Read Me file stating “These textures are under the GNU License”, I don’t think this is a problem.

Now, can we please get on with more interesting things?
CaptKev
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CaptKev »

Rxke wrote:

That makes two of us! :?

Sung as you know I'm a big fan of your textures, but you've decided to go it alone, so for all concerned you would be better off not posting here again.

Good Luck with your alternative site.
Download Fighter HUD, Stingray and System Redux from the EliteWiki
TGHC
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Pilot Model

Post by TGHC »

Sung wrote:
Does anybody had an idea how it can work to pull out a pilot mesh after the explode of a ship? I had made a model, 1 thargoid, 1 human that i want to blow away with the debris.
This sentiment has been deleted by a moderator. Don't do it again.
The Grey Haired Commander has spoken!
OK so I'm a PC user - "you know whats scary? Out of billions of sperm I was the fastest"
Selezen
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Selezen »

Having just read through the abortive discussion about your textures, Sung, I do wonder how you could have the gall to come back here and ask questions and expect an answer after the way you have basically thrown your rattle out of your pram.

It's sad to see that this community, one of the BEST and FRIENDLIEST communities I have EVER been a part of, has been reduced to this attitude - all because someone wanted to make sure your work was seen by a wider audience. You have made a mountain out of a molehill. Everyone on this forum was excited and motivated by your work, but acting like a primadonna has ruined the respect that you had.

I've seen your site and I am worried about what you are doing - it looks to me like you are promoting an alternative, competitive version of Oolite using your own textures and alterations. It may not be excluded by any copyright or copyleft legalese, but it's still bad form.

Your work was good. Your attitude was bad. Don't expect any help or sympathy from me.