Assassins Guild

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Killer Instinct
Dangerous
Dangerous

Assassins Guild

Post by Killer Instinct »

8) Well done LB this is one cool OXP! I've been away for a while and forgot just how addictive this game and this OXP is. I've reached the stage where I have to destroy the supergrass ship but I can't even get near it let alone take a decent shot. What's happened to my friend the cloaking device - seems to a) not operate or b) dissapear off the ships' manifest screen! I can't even jump system engage it then jump back! (I keep asking myself - hey why not go back to blasting pirates??) Coded message H E L P P L E A S E

Have become Deadly too, though I think it will take most of 2007 to become Elite
It's a fine line between clever and stupid
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

Your cloaking device will not function whilst your Mark Transponder Scanner is locking onto the Mark. Tsk didn't you read the tech-manual the Guild left on your co-piolts seat! :shock:

Once a mark dies or the two of you are no longer in the same system, then it'll come back on line (and reappear on the F5 screen).

There is a distinct trick to that mission. It can be completed in the weakest ship (I've done it in Ramon's Adder MK II), if you use the right stratergy. Have a few more goes. If you are really stuck, send me a PM and I'll PM you the solution.
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

Have PMed you the "trick" to the mission. Don't post it though as its a big spoiler!!!
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
Cos
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Cos »

Hi Little Bear, while on the topic of your outstanding Oxp (has kept me busy for a while), I have a problem.
Where is Governor Tarkin? I jump into the system and all I can find are deamon class cruisers and destroyers every time. Is he in the fleet or should I be looking else where? :oops: :oops:

Cheers

Cos
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by LittleBear »

Like the Cowardly Fat Bird he is, he's leading from the rear in a Deamon Class Cruiser. You have to fly through 3 or 4 waves of the fleet to find his ship. The fleet is behind the w.s beacon. As they are so big (although a long way off) you should be able to see the 1st wave visually by making an about face turn from the point you enter the system. Set you Compase to T and it'll lead you in to his ship. He also shows as a "Guild Target" when you ID computer lock him.

NB: Govener Tarkin will only be present when you trigger the mission to kill him (last one 0 although wait until Agent Wombat means somthing to you before leaving G7 :wink: ). Deamons, Scorpions and Mongoose are present fighting rebel ships at other times. (The war has 5 stages, he is only present at stage 5). So he'll only be there if you have been given the contract to kill him and your briefing on the F5 screen is asking you to Assassinate him.

BTW Griff has just sent me the (as yet untextured) ship to replace the "Deathburger" standin. They'll be a slight plot re-write to that mission (which adds another mission!), so the full 20 mission final version should be available next month! Finally coming out of beta! :lol:
Last edited by LittleBear on Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Captain Hesperus
Grand High Clock-Tower Poobah

Post by Captain Hesperus »

+++++Coming Soon!!+++++
Coming soon to the Oolite Wiki, the ships of the Assassins.oxp.

READ the backgrounds behind the creation of each vessel!

MARVEL at the awe-enspiring models and textures used in this massive OXP!!

DEFECATE yourself as you look at the stat-lines!!!

CLEAN up the terrible mess you left on the floor before facing these mighty vessels in the name of the Almighty Credit!!!

WONDER at the insane mind that wrote this post and the number of exclamation marks in it!!!!

DON'T MiSs OuT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Captain Hesperus
"Is there a psychiatrist in the house?"
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

“And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five? A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head.”
Captain Hesperus

Cower, pathetic mortals, before the immense size and fearsome armaments of the Deamon Class Cruiser, vessel of choice for all good Dictators!!!

YOU WILL RESPECT MA AUTHORITAH!!!!

Captain Hesperus
"Wooooo! Deja vu."
"I just knew you were gonna say that."
TGHC
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by TGHC »

Respect CH, your contributions to the Wiki are are really first class. You've just made an old man very happy!
The Grey Haired Commander has spoken!
OK so I'm a PC user - "you know whats scary? Out of billions of sperm I was the fastest"
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

@CH - they're just getting better and better!
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
Captain Hesperus

TGHC wrote:
Respect CH, your contributions to the Wiki are are really first class. You've just made an old man very happy!
Hey, enough of the old man stuff. It's just the Witchspace time dilation!
But seriously, I hope that after the recent run of sentiments re: the Oo-jokes & using other people's material, that what I slap onto the Wiki meets with the approval of all the Ooliteers out there. I'd hate that people take offence at anything I post on the BB/write on the Wiki/whisper behind closed doors to an Elitist cadre of shadowy colleagues. All I have to say is if anyone does take offence or feels that what I write is inaccurate or not in-keeping, let me know and I'll see what I can do to sort it.

Captain Hesperus
"Hey, g'night folks, sleep tight and don't let the Trumbles bite."
Tool
Above Average
Above Average

Post by Tool »

Nothing happens!

I have installed the OXP, I´m in galaxy 7, I have 900 kills and I have done constriktor, nova and cloaking device mission before.

Now I´m hunting day for day through galaxy 7 and nothing happens. Whats wrong?

by the way: other OXPs are running!
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by LittleBear »

I am semi-retired ATM, but I'll try to help you out!

Make sure you are using B7 (from Oosat2 NOT B2 from Oosat1)!

Check Assassins.oxp is in AddOns. Sounds obvious, but killer instinct couldn't get it to run. Turned out he had 2 copies of Oolite on his system and had put it in the AddOns folder of the copy he wasn't running! :shock:

First thing test Assassins is being read!: Can you load up Oolite and say N to load new commander? Then use the right arrow to move through the ships on the screen (your gonna have to move past the Native Ships), keep cycling through. Are you seeing ships like "Vintage Adder" "Armoured Passenger Liner" "Nemesis" "BattleBot" etc. This'll test that Oolite "knows" Assassins.oxp is there. I'm pretty sure the OXP code is OK as so many people have played it to completion and I haven't altered it for a few months. (See the Assassins Guild Beta thread under Expansion Packs).

Something should happen to you the first time you dock with more than 200 kills. Make sure though you do not have Military.oxp or Thargoid Wars installed as there is a chance of an OXP clash.

EDIT: Should mention of course the you should put these OXPs back in once you've finished Assassins. Its just that if you try to play three mission OXPs at the same time (not only will you find things a bit hairy!) but there is a small chance each OXP will try to give you a mission briefing at the same time. This means you may miss a mission briefing (eg See an Assassins briefing but miss a Military briefing or visa versa). You can still do both missions (and your description on the F5 screen changes) but you'll have missed some of the plot and won't know exactly what your meant to be doing! Best to play one mission pack at a time. :wink:
Last edited by LittleBear on Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tool
Above Average
Above Average

Post by Tool »

thank you!

It works now.

Due to your posting i was able to make sure that i did nothing wrong.

I reinstalled it and lo and behold: it works!

damn the reason why! :lol:
Hoopy
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Hoopy »

I'm stuck at the same stage as 'Killer Instinct'.

Any hints? Without giving me the spoilet (yet!)

I've tried sneaking up and dropping a Q bomb and it either doesn't hit anything or if i get close it gets destroyed by anti-mine satellites. The satellites themselves seem pretty much indistructible.

I've tried using the escape pod to get inside the exclusion zone but I'm found very soon after exiting the station.

I've tried racing through and firing off a load of ECM hardened missiles at the target - but it's so busy in there I can't even find the target.

I've tried using an enery bomb to clear a few bots out the way but they seem to get reproduced by the bit bot by the time i come back.

I've tried coming at it from the other side in case the target is on the far side but it still seems to be in the middle.

Is any of these on the right track?