I'm back...!

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

drew
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

I'm back...!

Post by drew »

Not been on here for ages due to work.... consultancy... blurgh. Got oolite working on my new linux pc and nvidia graphics which is cool...

Anyway. Hi again! :wink:

I think most people who wanted a copy of 'Status Quo' in paperback form have got one now, so for all the people who would prefer an electronic copy I was thinking off putting the complete pdf back online with the creative commons licenses etc...

For info about 28 people bought a hardcopy which isn't too bad. I'm quite keen to see how many people would download the story though (and potentially buy a hard copy if they liked it)

Don't mean to hack off anyone who bought a hard copy because there wasn't a free electronic one though. What do folks think? It's a 'free' story anyway, due to creative commons etc, the hardcopy was printed 'at cost' and it kind of belongs to the 'group'.

I'm also considering ideas for a sequel.... I've got a title: 'Mutabilis' - which for the latin geeks out there should give you some ideas and will feature the characters from 'Status Quo' (with hopefully some cameos from the other quality fiction writers on here :wink: )

Any interest in all this? Let me know.

Cheers,

Drew.
Drew is an author of SF and Fantasy Novels
WebsiteFacebookTwitter
Captain Hesperus
Grand High Clock-Tower Poobah
Grand High Clock-Tower Poobah

Re: I'm back...!

Post by Captain Hesperus »

Welcome back, drew. It's nice to see you(r posts) again! Once you do get SQ2 on track, I'd be glad to help out. Though I'm not sure how much help I would be, what with SO, 2 sprogs, a Nursing Diploma, immense gardening project and the Oolite Wiki updates I've taken on (fool! fool that I am!). Anyway, I'm on hand for ideas, proof-reading, filler material and so on. I might even be able to knuckle my way through chapter the first of the continuing adventures of the renowned (in his own head) Captain Hesperus. See you around :)

Captain Hesperus
"A story about me? It's all lies, lies I tell you. Except the bits that make me sound good."
Charlie
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Charlie »

Hi,
Glad to see you about.
Benulobiweed.inc
By Appointment to
--- : GalCoop : ---

Your nearest Benulobiweed.inc dealer:
http://www.box.net/public/b2tic3tjsk#main

Charlie