I have a problem running oolite on FreeBSD

For discussion of ports to POSIX based systems, especially using GNUStep.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

_SAS
Harmless
Harmless

I have a problem running oolite on FreeBSD

Post by _SAS »

I start GNUstep.sh with "/usr/local/etc/rc.d/GNUstep.sh start", then type in "/usr/local/GNUstep/Local/Applications/oolite.app/oolite" and it says that "/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libgnustep-base.so.1.13" not found, required by "oolite""
though there is a library /usr/local/GNUstep/System/Library/Libraries/libgnustep-base.so.1.13
Maybe I must set some path in GNUstep config?
bones0
Average
Average

Post by bones0 »

I made the same error. Read the message shown after installing the port (I made "make install clean" which made it scroll away). The trick is to start GNUstep using /usr/local/etc/rc.d/GNUstep.sh start and running oolite using /usr/local/GNUstep/System/Tools/openapp oolite.

Regards
Peter
krombart
Competent
Competent

Post by krombart »

I did it that way and get
Configuration contains unknown keys - (GNUSTEP_LOCAL_LIBRARIES, GNUSTEP_USER_DIR_DOC_INFO, GNUSTEP_NETWORK_LIBRARY, GNUSTEP_USER_DIR_LIBRARIES, GNUSTEP_USER_DIR_APPS, GNUSTEP_SYSTEM_LIBRARY, GNUSTEP_NETWORK_WEB_APPS, GNUSTEP_LOCAL_LIBRARY, GNUSTEP_NETWORK_ADMIN_APPS, GNUSTEP_SYSTEM_APPS, GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES, GNUSTEP_LOCAL_TOOLS, GNUSTEP_NETWORK_DOC, GNUSTEP_USER_DIR_DOC, GNUSTEP_NETWORK_DOC_INFO, GNUSTEP_SYSTEM_ADMIN_APPS, GNUSTEP_LOCAL_USERS_DIR, GNUSTEP_USER_DIR_TOOLS, GNUSTEP_NETWORK_LIBRARIES, GNUSTEP_SYSTEM_DOC_INFO, GNUSTEP_LOCAL_ADMIN_TOOLS, GNUSTEP_LOCAL_DOC, GNUSTEP_USER_DIR_ADMIN_TOOLS, GNUSTEP_USER_DIR_DOC_MAN, GNUSTEP_NETWORK_ADMIN_TOOLS, GNUSTEP_NETWORK_APPS, GNUSTEP_SYSTEM_WEB_APPS, GNUSTEP_USER_DIR_HEADERS, GNUSTEP_LOCAL_WEB_APPS, GNUSTEP_NETWORK_DOC_MAN, GNUSTEP_LOCAL_APPS, GNUSTEP_SYSTEM_DOC_MAN, GNUSTEP_USER_DIR_WEB_APPS, GNUSTEP_LOCAL_DOC_MAN, GNUSTEP_NETWORK_USERS_DIR, GNUSTEP_SYSTEM_ADMIN_TOOLS, GNUSTEP_NETWORK_HEADERS, GNUSTEP_SYSTEM_DOC, GNUSTEP_SYSTEM_TOOLS, GNUSTEP_USER_DIR_LIBRARY, GNUSTEP_SYSTEM_HEADERS, GNUSTEP_LOCAL_DOC_INFO, GNUSTEP_LOCAL_HEADERS, GNUSTEP_SYSTEM_LIBRARIES, GNUSTEP_NETWORK_TOOLS, GNUSTEP_SYSTEM_USERS_DIR, GNUSTEP_USER_DIR_ADMIN_APPS, GNUSTEP_LOCAL_ADMIN_APPS)
2008-05-24 08:56:10.003 oolite[959] initialising SDL
2008-05-24 08:56:10.056 oolite[959] Mix_OpenAudio: Couldn't set audio blocking mode
Segmentation fault: 11 (core dumped)

on freebsd 7.0

Any ideas? (I'm really new to freebsd and know little to nothing about it. But the handbook isn't too explicit about anything not related to the os itself (sdl for example) and it is not too explicit about sound. BTW: osstest works).
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

I think the next question is whether you can run other SDL apps using SDL_mixer. I can’t really be more directly helpful since i have no experience of FreeBSD or for that matter SDL.
krombart
Competent
Competent

Post by krombart »

I think I stick to linux. There is everything working.
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

I remembered that we’ve got these fancy virtual machine systems these days. I’m downloading FreeBSD to test it. It’d be nice to at least be able to confirm that it’s SDL’s fault. :-)