Scooping Gems, Gold and Platinum

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Scooping Gems, Gold and Platinum

Post by DaddyHoggy »

I'm a bit confused - gems, G and P no longer take up room in your cargo bay because they are kept in a safe in the cockpit which is sort of fair enough but...

While I can understand hundreds of grams of stones being kept in the safe, hundreds of Kgs of Au and Pl ? Surely not?

Also, and this is where I'm really trying to get to - when you scoop a cargo pod it sometimes contains several gs or Kgs of one of these materials - but why? Its in the ships safe...

Any way we can have surviving ships safes? this way when you scoop them they may contain - nothing, gems, gold, plat or a combination of all three! Now there's a thought that'll have Cap'n H dribbling onto his AstroNav console.... :)
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
Captain Hesperus
Grand High Clock-Tower Poobah
Grand High Clock-Tower Poobah

Re: Scooping Gems, Gold and Platinum

Post by Captain Hesperus »

DaddyHoggy wrote:
Any way we can have surviving ships safes? this way when you scoop them they may contain - nothing, gems, gold, plat or a combination of all three! Now there's a thought that'll have Cap'n H dribbling onto his AstroNav console.... :)
I resent the allegation that I am entirely a money-hungry mercenary! I shall be consulting my lawyer, who is a QUALIFIED money-hungry mercenary (no offense to LB :wink: ) regarding this libel. Now, if you'll escuse me, I have an appointment with a wrecked Cobra Mk.III's cockpit safe and twelve pounds of C4.

Captain Hesperus
"You were only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!"
DaddyHoggy

Post by DaddyHoggy »

:lol: "And what you do here is, apply some pressure to this raw nerve..." :wink:
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here